Chapter 1

(Draco POV)

Draco sat in front of the fireplace at Malfoy Manor, he would be turning 16 at midnight tonight. If he told you he wasn't nervous than he would be lying.

 You see Draco's mother and father are both Veela that means the genes for Veela would be passed down to him and he would receive his inheritance when he turned 16.

 That was in a few hours. His parents didn't lie and told his that the experience would be quite pain.

 So painful in fact that he might pass out. However the after effects would be worth it. He would have a mate, he hoped they would be a boy. Draco had started liking boys soon into his 3rd year and he would be starting his 5th this September.

Draco glanced into the fire absently, wondering who his mate could be. He hoped they went to Hogwarts so he could find them fast and easily. As his thoughts wandered aimlessly, he didn't notice his parents enter the room.

 "Draco hun, we should probably go up to your room." Draco didn't say anything just nodded his head. I got up and followed his parents to his room. "Good night" He said to them as he entered and turned away from them.

"Yes good night son" His father said. His parents made their way to their own room which was a at the end of the corridor. Draco changed out of his day clothes and into his night wear. Making his way to the bed, he slowly got in.

Turning out the light, Draco just lied in his bed to nervous to really fall asleep. He didn't know how long he had been awake for, but he suddenly felt a searing pain all over his body. He couldn't help the scream that escaped his throat.

He writhed on the bed screaming out in pain. He could feel his body changing, but in what ways he did not know.

 I felt like hours before the pain finally subsided. Once the pain was gone Draco just lied on his bed not moving for several minutes, trying to catch his breath. Eventually he slowly made his way over to his bathroom.

Once he had turned the light on and looked in the mirror he let out a gasp of surprise. The first thing he noticed were the solid white wings on his back, they were absolutely beautiful.

The next thing he noticed was his height, he stood at around 6'2" now. Much taller than his previous 5'11". His eyes once a dull gray shone brightly almost pure silver.

There were also a few other small noticeable differences. His fingernails had grown into sharp claws and sharp fangs were protruding from behind his lips.

When draco was done examining himself he made his way back to his room. He did a quick tempest and noticed it was only three in the morning. With that Draco made his way back to bed.

Draco awoke a few hours later, we quickly made his way out of bed and to his closet. He was about to pick an outfit when he realized that none of his old clothes would fit him anymore.

 So Draco grabbed a pair of black pants with no shirt, he wasn't sure how his wings would fit into that equation so he just went without. He transfigured his pants a little longer so they would fit him, put them on and headed down stairs.

Once down stairs draco noticed his parents lounging in the sitting room. "Of Draco you're up." his mother exclaimed when she noticed him. She got up and made her way towards him. Her husband close behind her.

"Looks like you inherited wings." his father chuckled. Lucius, Draco's father didn't inherit wings, like his own father.

It seemed like something that would pop up every now and then. However draco was happy he got the privilege to have them. "Father, how am I supposed to know how to use them."

His father just smiled. "Well we have plenty of books on Veela, I'm sure you'll be able to find something and you know your mother and I will help In any way we can." "Thank you father."

"Oh you've grown so tall" his mother said. Draco now stood about as tall as his father. He could easily look his father straight in the eyes now and it made him proud. "Have you felt your mate yet?"

 His mother asked. Draco frowned, no he hadn't, he hoped that didn't mean anything bad. "No mother I have not, Is that bad that I have not felt them yet?"

"Oh, no honey, it could just mean that the bond still needs to form, you should be feeling your mate soon enough.

 "Who do you think it might be?" His father asked. "I don't know but I hope it's a boy." His parents just stared at him for a few seconds. Until his father finally broke the silence.

"Who ever it is, boy or girl we accept them." Those words made Draco happy, his parents would accept his mate even if they were a boy. They didn't despise Draco for being gay.

"Thank you so much Father" Then he turned to his mother. "Mother". "Well now you must be hungry, let's go get some breakfast in you."

His mother turned and led them into the dining room. "Pepper" With a pop a young house elf made it's way over.

"Yes ma'am wat is pepper be doing for you?

"Breakfast Pepper and a lot of it."