Chapter Four-"Well Lanter, it's time to start Mission Get Cool"~Part One

Beginne am Anfang

Okay, ouch that stung a little. I was the reason why men didn’t hang around with my mum? Obviously Viv! How stupid can you possibly be? What man in their right mind would want to tie themselves down to a woman who had an eighteen year old virgin daughter who was most likely to be Redwood’s Nerd of the year? Get over it Viv, your mother has a chance to be happy, just support her!

"Me?" I asked softly.

"Yes honey, I couldn’t not tell him of my beautiful daughter now could I? And Jeff told me that he’s divorced. He has a daughter too, she’ll be six next month and so he thought that it would be a wonderful idea if we could all meet," my mother replied.

Okay. What the hell? I was happy for my mother, really I was. But wasn’t this a bit fast, even for her? Mum and I have been living together from the time I could remember and all of a sudden now she wants to introduce me to her boyfriend and his little kid who would probably kick my shins? Mum hasn’t ever introduced me to any of her boyfriends before which could only mean that this was serious.

"Viv?" my mother called, bringing me out of my panicking thoughts, "Sweetie, what do you say?"

Breathe Viv, God, breathe or you’re going to turn blue and pass out.

"I…it’s well…brilliant!" I exclaimed, "It’s going to be wonderful, I can’t wait mum, when do I get to meet Jeff?"

Oh God Viv, you should just shut up! Don’t go on about it, just shut up!

"I seriously cannot wait to meet the cute little kid! I can play with her and we’ll be like super close, you know I’ve always wanted a little sister right?" I continued, "And we could get ponies that match."

"Okay Viv, I get it, you’re happy about it," my mother cut me off, "I’m glad you’re okay with this sweetheart."

With that being said, my mother planted a kiss on my forehead and grabbed her keys and headed off for work. Oh God, what have I done!? I grumbled under my breath and shuffled towards the lounge, ready to switch onto some crime shows, ready to get an excuse as to why having a boyfriend who’s your co-worker could be dangerous when the doorbell rang.

"Oh great, now who could that be on a Saturday morning?" I asked to no one in particular as I flung the front door open.

My jaw fell open as Sean stood in front of me, holding a pile of Math’s textbooks in his arms and a smug smile. I mentally slapped my forehead. How could I have forgotten that I was tutoring Sean this morning? I am such a stupid little-

"You know if this isn’t a good time, you could have called and cancelled," Sean said with irritation.

I sighed, "I’m sorry, I forgot completely about meeting you at-"

Sean cut me off, "It’s cool Lanter, so long as you keep tutoring me."

I stepped aside, opening the door wider as I let Sean into the house before turning around to face him as he dumped his books onto the dining room table and pulling up a chair. I followed Sean, sitting across from him as I grabbed one of his textbooks and began to flip through the pages. My nose wrinkled as I got the smell of the almost brand new pages.

"What’s up with your face Lanter, see something that you don’t know how to do?" Sean asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him, God, why did he have to look so good?

"No you idiot, this book is brand new and it’s nearly the end of the year," I answered, "have you never used it before?"

Sean shrugged, "I came here to learn not be nagged by my mother."