Not Gone After All (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

His grip tightened when I hugged back. "Lizzie, it's really you. You're alive."

I laugh at him as I pull away. "You should know, you can't get rid of me that easily." My face turns serious. "How is..."

"Elijah?" I nod and he sighs. "He was devastated when I seen him after 1919. He will be overjoyed when he sees you're ali-"

"Niklaus! He must never know. Not until I'm ready. Promise me, you won't tell anyone!" He looks at me wearily. "Promise me, Nikki." After a heavy sigh, he agrees. "I must go. I have to have a few words with my son. Good bye for now." With that I sped off the Compound.

Hours later, the Compound is full of people drinking, dancing and generally having a good time.

Marcellus and I are watching over when I here Niklaus's voice in an argument. "Marcellus, handle that will you? I'm not in the mood and I have to remind your sister it's a school night." He nods and heads down to them, while I approach Lucia, taking the drink from her. "I would be considered a bad parent for letting you drink on a school night."

She scoffs. "I am in my 20s, Mom. I'm legal."

She reaches for the cup. "Nah, ah, ah. Not to human eyes you're not, now head on up to bed, you have school tomorrow." Grumbling, she heads to her room as I wave sarcastically with a smile to her and finish her drink.

Lafayette Cemetery
3rd POV

Some time later, Elijah leads Klaus into the cemetery. "What are we doing here?"

Not surprised by his brother's attitude, Elijah simply notions to his brother. "You wanna know what the witches have in store for you? Follow me."

They enter one of the mausoleums to find Sophie. Klaus looks to Sophie and demand answers. "Sophie Deveraux. What is this?"

Elijah motions to his brother. "He's all yours. Proceed."

Sophie looks to Klaus. "You know you're famous in this town? Witches tell bedtime stories about the powerful vampire Klaus. We know Marcel was nothing but an orphan street rat, until you made him what he is. And now he's out of control. He does what he wants, he kills who he wants. I'm gonna stop him, and you're gonna help me."

Klaus smiles, amused. "This is why you brought me here?"

Elijah sighs. "Hear her out."

"I don't need to hear her out. I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time. Elijah, what madness is this?"

Hayley, a werewolf girl, enters the mausoleum with a few others. "Klaus. You need to listen to them."

Klaus laughs in amusement. "You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled, one-night stand - no offense, sweetheart - means a thing to me."

Sophie, unamused, keeps talking. "Marcel may be able to keep up from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift...of sensing when a girl is pregnant."

All amusement leaves Klaus' face. "What?"

Hayley looks at Klaus understanding his shock. "I know it's impossible..."

"What are you saying?"

Elijah jumps in. "Niklaus...the girl is carrying your child."

Klaus shakes his head in denial. "No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate."