Part I Chapter 3 - Found

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, little Lyni is here too?" He asked with a silly voice. "Are you shopping with your mom?"

I shyly nodded. "Yesh~! Mwommy ish buying nums nums for din din!"

Ah~ Look at him, melting away because of my baby talk. No one can resist my cuteness, fufufu... Ever since my birthday party, I've been more careful not to get exposed, using a much more childish way to talk. At first, it was a bit tiring to act like a baby all the time, but as time went on, I eventually got used to it. I also have to admit that I quite enjoy watching people's silly reactions when I display all my adorableness.

The vendor handed over the two bags of crops. Leonara took one, mother took the other.

"That will be thirty copper coins!"

"Hum... Is there any way to get a discount?" Leonara asked.

"Eh? You know I can't, my lady, I have to make a living too!" The vendor complained.

"Even for little Lyni?" She added, this time with a huge grin on her face.

The old man turned his gaze one more time on me.

"Pweeeees??" I said as I tilted my head to the side.

"Ugh... Fine..." The vendor reluctantly agreed.

Uhm... I'm starting to feel guilty now. This is actually the third time this month something like this happens. At first, I didn't understand why Leonara insisted in bringing me each time to the market. I walk slowly and carrying me all day must be tiring. Basically, I'm burden. But I get it now. She sure is cunning! Well, she's a businesswoman too after all.

"Thanks for your purchase..."

Please, don't use such a defeated voice. I'm really feeling bad right now.

As mother and Leonara were concluding the deal, Aoban and Viran were fooling around a bit further. They've been trailing behind the whole time, talking, playing and messing with each other. With so few attention, they would have been lost a long time ago if mother and Leonara weren't walking slowly. Ah, boys... Seriously, it's not a good idea to fool around in the street, you will get in trouble.

 Seriously, it's not a good idea to fool around in the street, you will get in trouble

... And just as I thought, they did get in trouble.

I think they were playing the soldier and the thief. Brother was the thief. He was running around in the middle of the crowd, avoiding people, while Viran was chasing after him. And in accordance with Murphy's law, what had to happen happened. Brother eventually lost his balance and charged someone drinking outdoors. He immediately stood up, as the beverage he was drinking spilled on his clothes. That someone was wearing a high-quality silk apparel along with some jewelry screaming "I'm a noble!" and was accompanied by a personal guard.

Oh, dear. Of all people, it had to be a noble. Troubles, troubles, troubles...

"You fucking brat!" Noble guy –that's how I will call him from now on- shouted.