"Did you really think we weren't going to find out?" Nicholas asked.

"Well, I didn't think that anyone would do anything like this. I'm not even sure how you found out when my birthday was." She said.

"Oh ye of little faith." Katerina grinned. "Your patron told me."

"What?" Penelope exclaimed. "You spoke with my patron about this?"

"Of course we did." El said. "Did you seriously think we were just going to stay at school to celebrate?"

"I didn't think we were going to celebrate at all." She shook her head.

"If it helps, I was kept mostly out of the loop too." I said.

"We couldn't trust you then." Katerina said.

I sighed. "Thanks."

"You were so out of it most of the time and we were worried that you might slip up because you were so tired." Eddie explained.

"It's okay. I get it." I nodded.

"I'm so happy to have met you all." Penelope said.

"Of course you are." El said. "Especially since we brought cake."

Eddie took out a cake from a chiller bag. "It's chocolate. I hope you like it."

"Who doesn't like chocolate?" She smiled. After Eddie cut the cake up and gave us each a slice, every just relaxed and enjoyed the day. We didn't go back to school until the sun was setting.

"Hey what happened to the music room plan?" I asked.

"It fell through." El pouted. "I couldn't get the decorations I wanted in time."

"Oh." I said.

She shrugged. "Another day."

The way she said it was as though there was someone else's birthday coming up soon too. Unfortunately for me, I had no idea who it was. Maybe we need a calendar in the house so we can write everyone's birthdays down.

During the ride back to school everyone was talking about what we were going to do next time we got a day off. They were making plans to go to the movies, shops and arcade.

"What are you thinking about?" Eddie slowed down so that he was next to me.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Why the sad face then?" He asked.

"I don't have a sad face." I claimed.

"Okay. So you have a resting sad face then?" He grinned.

"That's not funny." I chastised. "Have you seen your resting face? You would have a pretty successful career as a clown."

"Harsh." He said with mock pain. "I see the extra sleep has tempered with your sweet personality."

I scoffed. "Maybe it's just your constant antagonising."

"Ouch." He grinned.

"Come on lovebirds!" Nicholas yelled to us. "I want to make it back to campus before dinner!"

Eddie and I had fallen quite behind the others so we picked up the pace to catch up with the others. After we returned the bikes to the shed we parted ways. Katerina, El and Nicholas headed back to the house while Penelope went to the library to read. Eddie had a piano rehearsal so he walked me to the administration building before heading to the church. I walked up the stairs slowly to room 33 and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Seraphina called. I pushed open the door. "What can I do for you Celine?"

"I was wondering if you have heard anything from my mum." I said. "She hasn't contacted me in a while."

Seraphina frowned. "I haven't received any messages from her. Are you hoping for something in particular?"

I shook my head. "I was just worried."

"It's probably nothing." She smiled. "She's probably just busy."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Probably."

"If you want, we can send a letter." She said. "Maybe her phone is dead."

"No." I shook my head. "It's fine. You're probably right anyway. When is the next parent day?"

She looked at the calendar. "The Monday before the trimester ends."

"That's only three weeks away." I said. "I can't believe the trimester has passed so fast."

"Twelve weeks isn't exactly that long." She smiled.

"I guess not." I said.

"Go and enjoy the rest of the afternoon." Seraphina smiled. "I'll tell you if I hear anything from your mum."

"Thanks." I said.