Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Deeks stood there his mouth agape. "What?" he asked.

"Ellie, she's yours." Jordan said, "That's how I know her father didn't take her."

Deeks shook his head and stepped away from her as she tried to put her hand on his arm, "No….No…your lying!" he turned and slammed out of the conference room, the San Diego NCIS agents looking at the LA detective as he all but ran outside.

Deeks made it outside when he threw up into a bush just outside the front door.

"Nice," Sam commented as he and Callen arrived to see Deeks vomit into the bush.

Callen stepped back as Deeks looked up, his face a mixture of fear, horror and sorrow. "Deeks…You ok?" he asked.

"I…No…I need to…" Deeks stepped away from the team leader. "I can't do this…not me…"

"Deeks what happened?" Sam asked concerned as Kensi came bursting out of the door.

"Deeks how could you leave her like that, you need to be in there now, they need you."

Deeks shook his head wildly, "NO! This has NOTHING to do with me, Nothing…not mine."

Kensi looked shocked, "Look Deeks, Marty, you didn't expect this I know it's a bit of a shock, but you need to step up, Ellie will need her father." She tried to reason.

Deeks looked at her his face a mask of anger, "No, Jordan is a liar, I am not her or anyone's father…I can't be a father." He shook her hand off him and walked off down the street as Kensi was left to fill the other two in.

After Kensi had finished telling them what was going on Callen picked up the phone and called Eric, "Eric, I need you to run a full background check on Dr. Jordan Hampton and also, Ellie Hampton." He said and hung up.

Sam looked fit to bust.

"Kensi and I will take Dr. Hampton; I'm going to find Deeks." Callen said.

"You find him, you tell him, if this is his daughter he had better step up, I thought he was more of a man than that." Sam growled.

"I don't get it?" Kensi said, "Deeks is great with kids, this is why I asked him to help when we sat for your daughter."

"Yeah, well, this is why I don't trust him to look after kids…" Sam growled as Callen left them.

Callen walked down the road that Deeks had headed down, walking past a row of shops Callen stopped outside a bar, 'surely Deeks wouldn't drink while on duty?' Callen thought, but he opened the door to the bar. Sure enough Deeks was sitting in the back nursing a whisky.

"Deeks, you can't drink, you're on duty." Callen said.

"Gotta drink now ain't I…." Deeks laughed sourly. "How can she do this to me…how many times can one woman kill me?" Deeks stared at the drink.

Callen looked over at the bartender, "How many has he had?"

"None." The bartender said, "Walked in ten minutes ago, ordered that and has just stared at it."

Callen nodded his thanks and sat down next to Deeks.

"You wanna talk about it?" Callen asked.

"I…I can't be her father, she doesn't deserve it…she's just a kid."

"They tend to come like that." Callen quipped.

"You don't get it….I can't be a father…you know what they say, victims become abusers, I WON'T become my father!" Deeks looked down.