Chapter 1: The decision

There were sounds of echoing screams, gunshot after gunshot. The sounds of shouting and running. Hunters had taken over the field. We were surrounded. Derek picking up all his strength to fight back, Lydia's deafening screams that defeated many, and Malia's amazing courage. It wasn't enough. I felt as if Manroe had won but I didn't believe it. Not yet at least. I peeked slowly and cautiously through one of the holes in the old rusty metal wall that I was taking cover behind. There were two guys dressed in all black pointing guns ahead of them and hesitantly looking in all different direction. They were scared, of us. Monroe hated us. She wanted all of us dead. She created an army of people that agreed with her. This heartless woman worked with Gerard, another one of them, he wanted the same thing for all of us. People think we're crazy, people like Lydia's mum who actually sent her to Eichen house for god knows how long. We hate Hunters as much as they hate us. Whenever I looked at them, on the outside it looks like their soul had been taken away by a monstrous creature. But on the inside they were as horrified to the extent that they couldn't even look at us. People called us the unknown. Do you know why? It's because they don't know what we're really like. We weren't just aggressive werewolf losing control on the full moon. We still had kindness in our hearts, well some of us did anyway. It felt as if everyone turned on me. I got up ready to make my first move when...

Suddenly I heard Stiles, his painful groan followed after a gunshot. Something terrible had happened. I ran as fast as lightning towards him, "STILES! STILES!" I screamed.
"Scott..." His whisper was as soft as a feather falling to the ground. It was clear he didn't have much time. As soon as I found him, his body was covered with blood. The wound was on his stomach. He had been shot. I weighed down on it. The pressure caused Stiles to groan even louder in excruciating pain. "Scott.. I d-don't wanna d-die like this... Not like this..." He whispered trying to make every breath last. "Stiles, you won't I won't let you.." I said on the urge of crying. "Will you t-take care of Lydia? A-and my dad? Keep them safe" Stiles said, with no hope that he would live in his eyes. I gripped his hand into mine." Why can't I take your pain?" I said with tears running down my face. "Because it doesn't hurt anymore..." My head started spinning, I fell back onto the hard, brick wall "Scott your eyes... T-there red" I looked at myself in the shattered car window, that appeared as though it had been shot with a crossbow, they were red. "It's because Stiles your part of my pack... Your more than just a friend, your my.. beta and seeing you in pain makes me want to kill all of the hunters myself but I try to keep it in. " he slowly turned his head up, his eyes to meet mine. They were filled with tears. He smiled the biggest smile. He still had one hand on his stomach, hardly moving. He still found it hard to breathe.

"We were best friends since kindergarten, and even to this day I wouldn't give you up for anything, you helped me when I got bitten, you were there for me and I was there for you. You helped me Stiles, now it's my turn to help you" I said, my voice filled with sadness. Stiles could tell. I looked around, there were only a few of Manroe's hunters ,or followers as I like to call them, left standing. I turned to Derek, his shirt covered with wounds and bruises he was still slashing every Hunter that came in his way with his sharp claws. The expression on his face looked like this wasn't over, he looked as if he wasn't giving up until we had won. I started to gain hope for all of us. That was what I wanted. Malia was on the floor next to him her leg had been shot and her arm had been sliced. She tried to get up, but the pain made her fall down again. Lydia was still screaming as loud as she was at the start of the gruesome fight as soon as I looked over to Monroe she stepped into one of the cars and drove away, as if nothing had happened. "Y-you know what manroe fears the most... S-she knows t-that she can't beat you." Stiles looked pale as if all the blood had been drained out of him. The grip he had on my hand felt loose. He took a last deep breath until his eyes started to shut."no,no,no Stiles stay with me, STILES!" At this point Lydia came over with her hands over her mouth and a waterfall of tears was running down her cheek. Malia watch from afar, she swallowed and look down in Sadness. Lydia looked at me she placed a hand on my shoulder. It felt as if she was hinting at me to do something. I looked around one last time, each one of the hunters had been slashed and there was blood coming out of both their ears. Derek came beside me "your welcome, now do what you have left to do." I lifted stiles' arm off the ground, I had one option. I hesitated at first, but then realised this was for the best. I bit him...