Nothing's Wrong

"What's wrong?" asks Mr. Lockwood casually.

"Nothing," I say. "Nothing's wrong."

"Good," says Mr. Lockwood before he takes a deep breath and adjusts his suit.

I step back slowly while my eyes are staring in the same direction.

"Never seen something like this before?" asks Mr. Lockwood as he places his elbow on the table and let his hands support his chin.

I shake my head.

"That makes sense," says Mr. Lockwood without looking uncomfortable at all. "Women say my size is above average."

I only grin and bite my lips. I imagine the dirtiest things I can do with Mr. Lockwood, but then reality slaps me on the face.

Mr. Lockwood is my boss, my dad's boss, and my dad's friend.

He's 38. I'm 18.

He's hot. I'm average.

We can't smash. We just can't.

"Miss Reed?" Mr. Lockwood leans forward, and his eyes look at me intensely.

"Sorry, I got lost in thoughts," I say before I step back, expanding the distance between me and Mr. Lockwood.

"Thoughts, huh?"

Mr. Lockwood stands up while I'm frozen right where I'm standing. He walks through the side of his desk towards me, while I only stand in confusion.

If I didn't think twice, I would just jump on top of him and savor everything I could from his perfect body. I would press my lips against him, while my fingers are pulling his hair out of passion. I would let him do things that I can never tell my parents without the fear of getting grounded for the rest of my life.

Too bad I think twice, and I know that is just a stupid move that only works inside romance books.

"So?" Mr. Lockwood raises his eyebrow before he corners me with his desk.

"Sir, what are you doing?"

"I'm just living the moment," says Mr. Lockwood as his hands trace my arms. "Passionately."

"W-what do you want?"

If I could be honest with how I feel, I would just jump on to his lap and do something inappropriate.

But again, I just can't. I need to be professional or at least pretend to be professional.

Unfortunately, my attempt to be professional becomes more difficult when I hear Mr. Lockwood whispers, "I want you to bend over my desk."

"W-what?"

I can't believe what he says.

I'm excited and shocked at the same time. I feel like my dreams come true, and Mr. Lockwood has clarified how he shares the same raging passion I have.

But good thing –or bad thing-, Mr. Lockwood clears his throat and speaks with his husky voice, "I want you to leave my desk."

"Oh, okay."

I awkwardly move away, and I see how the excitement in this room has died down. His magic wand isn't visible anymore, and I start to doubt that what I saw was real. What if I was hallucinating? What if his excitement has never existed?

I almost trip myself on my way out, and I can see Mr. Lockwood smirking behind me. I don't know what it means. It could mean that he wants me like I want him, but it could also mean that he never takes me seriously, and I never mean anything to him other than as an intern who gives him paper and coffee.