~{Chapter 1}~

"AH!" You gasped as you woke up and looked at the clock. "I'm gonna be late to the meeting of my new team!" You jumped out of bed and got dressed, brushed your teeth, brushed your hair, and said goodbye to your pet {type of bug}.

You loved bugs, especially {ToB}. Other kids would judge and make fun of you, but you didn't care. Yes, you didn't talk to people a lot but you felt like meeting your new team would change that.

You run over to where you're suppose to meet your team. As you get there you're greeted to a wide smile. The fangs scare you and you jump back. "AcK!" Is the only thing that comes out of your mouth.

"Hey, I'm Kiba! And this is Akumaru!" He pointed to his furry companion who was looking up at you barking. Kiba had brown hair with tanned skin and red triangular markings under each eye. Kiba sniffed you and Akumaru did the same thing. At this point you began to have second thoughts about this whole "joining a team will help" idea.

As Kiba and Akumaru stopped sniffing you, a girl with dark purple hair and bright pale purple eyes push Kiba out of the way. She looks at you and gives you a gentle smile. "Hai... I'm Hinata," she said in almost a whisper. "It's really nice to meet you!" She was so quiet when she talked but it was loud enough for you to hear her.

You looked pass Hinata at a boy with black goggles and a green oversized hoodie with a black shirt that the collar covers most of his face. You and him lock eyes for few seconds until he looks away.

"That's Shino," Hinata said and it was just enough to snap you back into reality. "He doesn't talk much. Especially when he's around new people." You nodded at her.

"Well? What's your name!?" Kiba asked pretty loudly with an impatient little jump.

"Oh, right.. I'm {Y/N}," You mumbled

Hinata smiled. "Well, it's nice to meet you {Y/N}," she looked at Shino and sigh. "Can you at least show some sort of acknowledgment?" She scolded.

"Fine..." Shino huffs as he gets up and walks over to you and holds out a hand.

You hesitate and take his hand, shaking it, when out of no where some bugs start to crawl all over your hand. You watch, fascinated, and catch one of them with your free hand.

Shino looks at you confused. "You- like bugs...?" He mumbled in confusion, watching you play with the bug you caught.

You feel your cheeks heat up a little in embarrassment. "Y-Yeah... I have a pet {ToB} back at home," you smile at him and you can see a slight hint of red.

You can't help but blush even more when you realized that Shino was still holding onto your one hand you offered to shake with. You pull away and Shino did too, quickly retrieving his bugs back, then shuffles back to his tree, taking a seat right after.

Maybe this is the start of something.