Chapter A-05 B-25 [Turquoise Blood]

Song: You're Mine

Artist: Phantogram

Please enjoy the 2-year and 10 Month update :) 

____________________________________________

[ Gotham City | Secret Location | Robin's POV

My back grew stiff from staying with my back against the headboard. The slow tingle of numbness crept along my spine as my gaze held steady against the wall. I sighed, breath warm and heavy against my arm. 

I heard a creak and slowly moved my eyes to the dancing light that crept under the door. Figured walked by, some shadows lighter, some darker than others. The weight that followed the footsteps was hard and loud in hollow eardrums. 

The hair on the back of my neck stood up, my eyes shifted to the doorknob. The slow turn and push allowed a blinding light to enter the room. I squinted slightly, looking back at the presence growing in the doorway. Slowly, the colors started coming to light. The burnt orange and blade, a duality of a creature I could only hate; Slade.

"So, Little Bird, are you ready to comply, or do I need to spell out that no one will save you?" His voice was sturdy, it carried a strong presence within the room. The hollow, unforgiving tone echoed through my ears. I slowly let go of my legs. 

A soft breath left my lips, eyes casting to the floor. 

I don't have anyone to save me. 

I have no one. 

I am no one. 

Her hands tugged at the back of his shirt. Dainty fingers petted over his cheeks, a woman's desperate voice, pleads with death. Bribing him with whatever he needs, clinging to life so close like it was her child. His words ended her life. 

"You have nothing of value to me." 

"Yes." My voice responded as I met his eyes. Fear didn't chill my bones, desperation didn't nip at my skin like a beast who hadn't eaten in months anymore. My voice was strong, as strong as it could be after a life-changing decision such as this one. 

I felt like I had stared Death in the face and called him Family. Slade's hand reached to his mask and slowly pulled it off. The eyepatch covered his right eye. The scrappy face held a grin, teeth sharp. 

"Excellent." his words carried a tremendous burden. They brought millions of pounds down on my shoulders, the weight was heavy with the decision I had just made. 

I was already feeling the shovel in my hands.
The stench of bodies in my nose.
The salt of tears on my tongue.
The cries of loved ones in my ears.
The guilt of the dead in my head. 

"I trust you already know your name, correct?" he asked, his mask returning to his face as he turned to leave the room. His back was to me, he knows I can't do anything without carving my name into a headstone. 

"You have nothing of value to me." Death starts, his voice is strong and compelling. It was smooth, like the wind moving through the trees. "All you have is your name, your memories, and the impression you leave on others." He finished. His eyes were settled on her. 

Her lips move, trying once more, trying to stay alive long. Anything to postpone the judgment day, the day that will not treat her kindly. Her words are stuck in her throat, Death's fingers touch her cheek. Watching as his fingers glide over her skin, leaving Decay. 

"Do not beg for forgiveness from me, For I am Death, and I am not one to forgive easily." 

"My name is Renegade," I answered, voice steady, the shovel had penetrated the Earth, her voice doesn't reach me. My room is made of Concrete, her words are reflected off, meaningless to me at this moment. She cannot offer guidance to one who is already six feet in the ground. "Robin means nothing to me anymore."

Slade's cackle was deafening, it bounced throughout my room, mocking. His hand gripped the door handle. I will never forget that sound. 

Dick Grayson had died with his parents that night. 

I bet if he could, he could still smile and wave, standing high and perched on the Trapeze platform. His hands holding onto the Trapeze bar, anxious with his first performance. His blue eyes slightly blinded, white specks in his vision from the bright Spotlights the Circus used. 

Elastic stuck to my skin, the cloth from a rob was soft against-- The door was yanked closed, it boomed in my ears. It jarred me out of my head, the feeling of home was now non-existent to me. 

I closed my eyes. I felt like I was falling backward into my own grave. I called Death family. 

And he laughed in my face. 

_____________________

Hello to all of my Assassin Children, 

I wanted to deeply apologize for the long wait you guys had to go through to get this update. I haven't really been on Wattpad much after this book, and I'm happy some of you had the patience and dedication to ask me for an update. 

I hope this one will satisfy! I wanted to thank you all for reading these. 

I'll be fixing and editing the previous chapters to make everything grammatically correct! :)

[Comment] What you thought about the chapter! Let me know! I love to read them! 

[Vote] You don't have too! That's your prerogative!

Anyways, I'll be editing these chapters, and making the chapters better! I'll hopefully be updating this book and seeing if my other books need updating! 

I'll leave you guys be! Thank you, my assassin children! 

-FemaleNightwing