2.

Meghan

Meghan

Chelsea ushers us inside and helps me finish unpacking all of my boxes. My room was already coming along nicely before I got here, we had someone come in to paint it the week prior so the walls were now a dark grey and most of the furniture was placed.

There were huge floor-to-ceiling glass windows that overlooked the city, just like in the living room, so the setting sun was now illuminating the room in a beautiful array of oranges, pinks and purples.

There was a king-sized bed against one wall, covered in a white bedding set and dark gray decorative pillows; a flat screen TV sat on the opposite wall with a sleek, all-black dresser under it. I had white Christmas lights bordering the side where my bed sat, and between those were pictures, all kinds of little polaroid pictures from back home. The only memories I dared bring with me were now displayed on my wall.

I walked into the ensuite bathroom, turning on the water to nearly scalding and jumped into the shower. I let it cascade over my body, cleansing me of all the sadness that had settled itself in the pit of my stomach throughout the course of the day. After washing out the conditioner in my hair, I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a towel.

The cold air of my room bit my skin as I walked out of the very steamy bathroom, so I yelled at Chelsea to turn the heater on before I froze to death. All I heard was a laugh and a 'Welcome to New York' yelled back at me, forcing a smile to worm its way onto my lips. After my futile attempts at towel drying my hair, I grabbed the hair dryer and let it work its magic, putting my hair up into a messy bun right after.

I opted for a more natural look for the night, so I used a little concealer to hide the dark circles that had claimed home under my eyes and used some blush to add a splash of life to my too-pale complexion. Naturally I've always had a bit of tanned skin but lately it's lost its vitality, making me look like Hollywood's number one zombie candidate.

Seconds later, Chelsea waltzed into my bedroom dressed in an all-black ensemble of jeans and a long sleeved tee that she paired with a scarf, a dark brown suede coat that reached mid thigh, and her signature black, ankle leather booties. She looked exactly what you'd expect an NYU student to look like.

"I figured you needed some help figuring out what to wear..." She gave me a shrug and walked to my dresser. I'm not sure how much time passed but before I knew it, an entire outfit was laid out on my bed for me, "Get dressed so I can see!"

I rolled my eyes but did as I was told. The whole thing was extremely well put together, and I was left pretty amazed at her fashion skills. It was dark wash skinny jeans with a black top, a green army jacket and a burgundy red scarf, paired with brown combat boots.

"That looks incredible on you!" She gushed as I checked myself out in the mirror. I turned around and gave her my biggest smile, which she gladly returned. "C'mon, Savannah's waiting in the lobby!" She skipped out of my bedroom, surprisingly well for someone wearing heeled booties, and left me in the middle of my room.