Lost Empire 52

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

______________________________

Derrick was pacing the deck as Tempro scanned Shelly for what had to be at least the fortieth time. What was taking so damn long Derrick thought? Tempro had the most advanced medical center in this time. Shaking his head he strode out of the med bay heading to where his poor Shelby was.

Sighing he stared at the mess that was Shelby. She had sacrificed many of her systems to save Gunter and Shelly. Bowing his head he began to whisper a prayer that she was able to regen herself. As tears started to fall from his eyes, Tempro appeared next to him. Shaking his head he still hadn't seen Tempro.

Tempro could see the pain on Derrick's face. Shaking his own he too felt bad that his sister had to sacrifice as much as she did. He was still waiting when Derrick suddenly noticed the hologram standing there. Wiping his eyes he nodded, "anything to report Tempro?"

"Not much sire. Sergeants Norman and Jimison are still maintaining a low profile. They are on the opposite end of the quarters' area until such time as you give the all clear." Tempro replied.

Derrick nodded dragging his mind from the thoughts that were occupying all his attention. "Good it might be quite a shock to them to see their dead friends still alive. Have you been able to detect anything with the girl Shelly?"

"That's the odd thing sire. It appears as if the condition is NORMAL for her." A slightly shocked Tempro told Derrick.

"Normal? How in the hell can a deadly condition, one likely to kill her be normal? I take it you are still running tests?" Derrick asked.

Tempro nodded knowing what Derrick's next question would be. "Yes I am running the last test that you programmed in a few hours ago."

Derrick nodded as he looked at the readings on Shelby. Turning he saw what he thought was a look of fear on Tempro's face. Sighing Derrick asked. "Alright out with it. How bad is it? Can she recover or are we going to lose her?"

Tempro looked at Derrick as fresh tears fell from his eyes. "I am afraid I don't know. It is like she was completely removed from the system. I can find almost nothing of her! She is in regen though I am getting no personality activity." Almost all of this was said in a whisper.

Derrick nodded looking at Shelby. The fact that she was in regen meant that some part of her was there. The thing is as Tempro said he'd not detected any personality activity. Even if she had retreated into her brain box they should get some reading. It was like Tempro had said like most of her had been erased or hidden... Hidden?

Derrick's face lit up as he reached out to the data input board. Typing as fast as he could, Tempro watched Derrick as he continued non-stop for a full half hour. Finally finished Derrick hit the send button. Tempro's face went from curiosity to outright shock then a smile crept across his face. "I am implementing everything now sire."