Chapter 24

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace

0098 - Lucy (un-grown)

0101 -Shelby (mothership)

0798 - Celeste

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry

Though he was only a very minor noble, Baron John Talbert was scared. He was still wondering why he'd been singled out by the Rangers and the Emperor. Shaking he remembered the execution of the Republic President a most horrid way to die. His mouth dropping agape, he really started to shake, what had he done. He'd sworn loyalty to the man a hell of a lot better man than the repulsive president was. Putting his head back proudly he knew he hadn't done anything therefore he had nothing to fear.

Derrick watched the man in the small room as the range of emotions ran the gauntlet on his face. Ah! There it was! The realization that he had not done anything and therefore knew that he was innocent. Derrick smiled he was glad he'd guessed right about the man, now to see if the man was game for what Derrick had in mind. Taking a deep breath Derrick knew this was a risk but he'd already had the man scanned more than a few times. Opening the door Derrick stepped in.

The Baron had just sat back when another door opened, in walked a rather plain man over 6 feet tall. A slight limp to his step, and a fierce look on his face. Taking a deep breath Derrick started, "Hello Baron, I am the official interrogator, Emderto, for the emperor. It appears that you have been found guilty of trying to poison the new emperor; this of course if you are found guilty, carries the maximum death penalty the most painful that can be found. Now then how do you plea?"

Shocked a moment the Baron looked at the man as if he was crazy, "Sir I cannot make a plea for something that I have not done. I am more than willing to take a truth scan if necessary, though it will show that I am loyal to Emperor O'Toma."

"I asked how you plea not a lecture, now..." Derrick started.

"Look if you are going to kill me, so be it, but it will be killing an innocent man so if this is all that you have to say then, be gone." The Baron said, with an irritated look on his face.

Derrick nodded it was as he hoped the man would answer. "Mary?" Derrick asked.

Mary appeared a moment later, "Yes Sire?" this of course had the Baron staring at Derrick with his mouth hanging open.

"Your analysis," Derrick asked then chuckled when he saw that the Baron was staring even harder at him.

"All speech patterns indicate that he was truthful, also I detected that he was irritated that you were questioning him as you were. Everything indicates that the Baron has all the qualities that you were in search of," Mary responded.

"Good," Derrick said as he stood and walked to the door, "Hartwell come in please."

Baron Talbert still hadn't spoken a word to this point still in shock that this man was indeed the emperor.

Joseph Hartwell walked in stopping in front of Derrick. "Is he all that you were hoping he was Sire," Hartwell asked.

Derrick nodded then started to grin wider as did Hartwell, "I believe so, though I still have to ask the man about the plan." Derrick answered.

Suddenly they heard the Baron clear his throat, "Not wanting to interrupt you Sire, but I am sitting right here you know." Derrick and Hartwell turned toward the man with huge smiles on their faces; yes he would do most certainly!