1697

Cody's POV

I noticed the sparkle in Rebekah's eyes as she hugged Harry. Rebekah is fast to fall for men, but I've never seen her eyes sparkle like that. I don't remember Harry at all, the first memory I have of Harry is when I was in the orphanage. Interesting. Klaus looked ready to kill. I looked him with a look that said 'What's up with you?' He just clenched his jaw and looked at me. "You don't want to know." He said. I think I heard some....pain in that sentence. His fists clenched and unclenched over and over again.

*BEWARE KLAUS'S POV IS EMOTIONAL. Remember how broken Klaus is? He is very broken. In my story he has rare moments when he lets anger/pain/hurt/sorrow out. And he will throw a little tantrum.*

Klaus's POV

*Flashback from 1697*

I walked into the club awaiting the love of my life. (Author: Yes Klaus has the ability to love. Or had at least. 'Even monsters can love' as I like to say.) To my surprise, I found the club completely empty. I heard a scream from the back. Originally, I would have ignored it but, that scream sounded incredibly close to my human love's scream. I vampire sped outside but I was too late. I found Veronica lying on the ground in a pool of her own blood. I dropped onto my knees and bit into my own skin, causing myself to bleed. I tried feeding her my blood to heal her but she was already dead. I grasped her dead body and cried. Harold came out of the shadows with no sorrow whats so ever on his face. "This will be the last time you kill one of those whom I love!" I said sternly. "Go." I said strongly. "But-" I cut him off. "Go before I kill you myself." I said even more strongly. He didn't hesitate to vampire speed away.

*Present time.*

That is just one of the awful things Harold has done to me. No one knows of what Harold did to Veronica, that means none of my siblings. Veronica was the last person I ever fell in love with. Harold took away so much from me. He took all of my reasons to love, he killed every single one of the woman I fell in love with. He killed my chance at happiness. I haven't loved since 1697. I got up and pushed back tears. I bit my lip and made my way outside. I watched them cry together. I stopped biting my lip as I watched. I clenched my jaw again and clenched and unclenched my fists. I walked over to them angrily and Annabeth and Elijah followed. They stood a few feet behind me. Rebekah looked at me and so did Harold. "Harold. Long time no see." I said tauntingly. "Niklaus." He said simply in greeting. "Rebekah. Run along now so I can tear his head off." I said sweetly. "Nik, calm down. We can work through what ever you're going through." Rebekah failed her attempt to calm me down immediately. "No, no. Let the man speak." Harold said. "Harold, June 18th 1697." I said knowing he would remember. "Oh Niklaus. Don't tell me you cared for her." He scoffed. "I loved her." I said. Elijah, Rebekah, and Annabeth's eyes widened at my use of the word loved. "A monster with a heart." Harold said referring to me. "She didn't deserve to die like that." I said. "Oh please." He scoffed. "You just care about yourself. You have so much greed and selfishness, you don't even know what people deserve." He added. My eyes started watering. "You were my best friend." I said. "Why go against me by kicking me while I'm down?" I asked. "I forgave you when you wronged me. When you started killing the people I loved most, I decided to let you live. When you killed Veronica, that was the last straw." I said my eyes still watering. "What do you mean? I'm still alive today." Harold said confused. "I know. When you killed Veronica, I turned every little small thing that makes me care off. Veronica was the last woman I fell in love with because of you. You broke me, smashed me into pieces actually, so bad I can't be fixed." I said. Rebekah backed away from Harold, behind me. He stayed quiet. "Yeah. Thats what I thought." I said. I vampire sped into the kitchen and grabbed three bourbon bottles. One to throw and two to drink. I vampire sped away with the bottles to the cemetery. I found a grave. Veronica's grave. I took one of the bottles and slammed it against the the grave stone. I sat down on a headstone in front of her's and stared at her gave. I drank some bourbon while a single tear rolled down my cheek. I drank both bottles and stood up. I kneeled down to where I was in front of her grave. "I'm going to get revenge for your death Vivi." I said. "You can count on it." I guaranteed.