sixteen

Elizabeth thought it was all very dramatic if she was being honest. With renditions so high they could be cut with a knife, and snarls that were the only sound to be heard for miles (except the two beating hearts of course) seeing as all the forest animals had scattered at the presence of so many predators.

It made her nervous, to see the sheer size of witnesses the Volturi had, it made her even more nervous when her father let Aro see all their secrets. Not hers of course, then again, no one knew her secrets.

"How enchanting." Aro purred out a distinctly feline response.

Elizabeth wasn't looking at him though. No her eyes were on the sad king, who's eyes were getting darker the longer their eyes stayed locked. He smelt good, nearly as good as Alistair had.

Distantly she could hear her fathers protective snarl at the sad king, but Elizabeth wasn't paying attention. No, she was smelling the air, scenting the all to familiar scent of burning wood. She heard the insane king growl out an expecting someone? They weren't, and yet Elizabeth knew who it was faster then anyone.

When he reached the clearings edge he hesitated, eyes scanning over the volume of dark cloaks before his eyes met hers and Elizabeth's heart broke all over again. It broke because god she had missed him. Because he came back for her.

Elizabeth was across the field before she was completely aware of it. Her movement were precise and yet done as though it was second nature to touch him. To let his ice meet with her storm and crest pure chaos.

He was meant for her. Elizabeth's mind screamed it at her because it was undeniable. She knew everyone was watching her, them, knew everything was about to change.

But damn them all because he came back.

"Your here." Her voice was soft. Just a whisper of clear disbelief, but it was enough. It was enough for gasps to fill the clearing on her left. It was enough for his eyes to widen because now he understood. Understood just how much she meant to him. He chose to downplay the situation.

"Did you really believe I'd leave?" Was his reply, one eyebrow raising as fingers absentmindedly curled around her arm.

"Yes." The reply held complete honest, because yes, she thought she'd never see him again, and yes, she had cried over him because of that fact.

Alistair's face softened and he smiled at her. "Good. If it were anyone else I would have."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes fondly and would have sassed back if it weren't for the high pitched laugh that came from her right. She flinched, unable to control the violent movement as she remembered exactly where she was.

Slowly, carefully she turned her body to look at the field, all eyes on her as she looked wide eyed on both sides. Alistairs hand comfortingly on the girls wrist as he sensed her nervousness.

"Elizabeth." Her mother breathed, her face held complete awe and confusion.

"You can talk."

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm evil, I know.

I'm going to try and finish this book by thanksgiving, I think I'm going to one by one finish all my books. what book would you guys like me to finish next after this is over?