epilogue

He watched her like she was art

He watched her like she was art. Like she was his most precious thing in the entire world. Like he would die, and kill for her without even thinking about it.

Probably because he would.

In the next three years Alistair stuck around for her. Sure, he would leave for a week or two when the walls started to close in on him to badly, but he would always come back. He would always come back to her.

Elizabeth grew quickly, something Alistair was thankful for. He couldn't imagine sticking around at the Cullen residence for any longer then three years. Couldn't imagine having to put up with the constant wet dog stench, and the looks he would receive from the mutts when they saw his ever standing red eyes.

It was worth it though, and if he had to, Alistair would stick around for a life time if it meant getting to be with her.

Truthfully, he had never given much thought to having a mate. He couldn't imagine ever being with someone for an eternity. Couldn't imagine wanting to.

But now, as he watched her say her goodbyes to her family, all he could picture was what their eternity would look like.

Her voice was soft, hesitant even, like she couldn't believe she was talking to anyone at all. She kept her skin to skin contact at the most minimal level possible, but the soft smile on her face spoke wonders.

In that moment, her eyes met his, those blue met red and her smile intensified.

After giving one more look to her family, Elizabeth didn't hesitate to run to his side, fingers immediately clasping through his.

"Ready?" He asked, though he already knew the answer.

"More then anything." She replied, and with that, they dashed into the forest without hesitation or regret.

Because Alistair and Elizabeth were free, and they had an entire world to see.