Chapter 1-Meet Charlie Medria

"Oh my gosh, Charlie, what do you mean you're not going?" my friend, Lea asked in mortified horror. I could nothing but simply shrug and say, "I'm sorry Lea, but you know how Mom is sometimes."

"But it's Jeffrey's party!" she protested. "He'd want you to be there! Heck, he'll need you to be there. Isn't that what girlfriends do or something?"

Let me introduce myself. My name is Charlene Noelle L. Medria. I know, my name is such a freaking mouthful, so you know what? Just call me Charlie. I am sixteen years old, 5'01", reddish brown hair to the chest, muddy brown eyes, an anime and Kpop lover, and oh, my favorite video game is GTA V.

This girl I'm talking to is Elea Yap. She's been my best friend since freshman year high school. She has long chocolate brown hair which extends to her waist, a pretty good body, and a wacky personality. As of now, I am about to sit through her entire speech about not going to my boyfriend Jeffrey's party next week.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really can't go. My Mom has a thing she needs me to come with."

The truth is, my Mom doesn't have a thing on the day of Jeffrey's party. I'm not making excuses just so I couldn't go. This is my boyfriend I'm talking about. Of course I'd go to his parties. But I really can't. My Dad told me I have a very important mission, and he's going to tell me on the day of the party.

You might be starting to get confused by now. Don't worry. You're not alone. Let me share with you guys another secret:

I am a secret agent.

No, this is not a prank. I am serious. I work for the Organization of World Protection or OWP. I got that from my Dad. He's also a respected agent in that organization, and he's been training me ever since I was a little girl. By the time I was four, he taught me to do Taekwondo and Karate. When I was six, he taught me to use arms such as guns and grenades. When I hit the twelve year old mark, while girls my age were reading sappy romance novels, I was reading my dad's college books on how to defuse bombs, and questions a person asks when investigating a crime. So as you can see, Charlie Medria is not normal.

After thirty minutes of Lea's speech, she left after making me swear to my Xbox One that I would go to Jeffrey's party. I sighed in relief. That was freaking close!

***

It was finally going on 6:00 when our maid, Isabel, announced that dinner was served. Yum, I can smell the wonderful aroma from here! Being the pig that I am, I rushed to the dinner table, where unfortunately, my sisters were waiting.

There are four sisters in this family. Much to dad's dismay, none of us were boys and his first three children decided to take up Business Management in Ateneo de Manila University than follow in his footsteps and study Criminology. When I told him I wanted to be an agent just like him, he literally cried tears of joy.

I looked at the table, seeing nothing but my bratty older sisters and the delicious Adobo. Ah, my favorite food. Isabel always makes the best Adobo. I smiled and took my fork to serve myself.

"Ahem," Ate KJ-oops, I mean Ate Kristy Jane-the eldest, snapped. As you can tell from her nickname, Ate KJ is the ambassador of Kill Joy. Whenever I attempt to do something fun, she's always there snapping about how "unfeminine" and "immature" my actions are, and how I should "get a life". No, you get a life. Stop messing with mine, and learn how to have fun for once in your life, motherfucker.

"What the fudge did I do now?" I groaned. What is wrong with serving myself? Is that considered "unfeminine" as well? If yes, then fuck you.

"You do not reach for the food," Ate Angel snapped. "You ask politely for someone to pass it your way."