Chapter 10- I Don't Care

"You foolish prince!" Mother Queen exclaimed as Ji arrived back at the palace. To say she looked pissed was am understatement. Ji, on the other hand, just shrugged and headed to a room to change.

The queen then turned to me, and her expression softened.

"Agent Medria," she said in English. "Please tell me he didn't get into any trouble."

I shook my head. "He didn't, Queen Mother." She nodded.

Ji came out in his prince suit again and they headed out. The press conference is starting.

***

As soon as the press conference was over, I was ordered to take Ji to Gyeongbokgung Palace. And to say that the ride there was awkward was a complete understatement. He was giving me looks of worry. I didn't know what to say to him.

"Charl-ya," he whispered. Damn. It was sending chills down my spine. But I liked it. "Please say something."

"Say what?" I asked quietly. "That I like you too? Because I do! I like you Ji-ya. But you know what the messed up part is? It's that I know that no matter what I do, I'm still a commoner, and you're still a royal!"

Ji said nothing. All he did was wrap his arm around my shoulders.

"By the way," he said. "Everyone can tell those aren't slacks."

My eyes widened. Well, that was embarrassing. Everyone knew? I tried not to let it show, though. I just hit Ji's arm.

"Ah! What the hell was that for?!" he exclaimed.

"You freaking jerk! Why didn't you tell me? This is so embarassing!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't think it mattered!"

"It does! Do you know how pissed my Dad will be if he finds out!"

We argued for the entire time we were here at Gyeongbokgung Palace. To be honest, even if I've only been here for a day or two, I like to think of it as my second home. I felt safe and secure here, not just because there were guards around the perimeter, but because Ji was with me.

***

After I got settled in some pajamas, I decided to to see Ji at the dining room. He was sitting there, flipping through a Korean newspaper.

"Hey slacker," he teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him and took the seat next to him. I fiddled with my phone while he read the paper.

"I never knew you were the boring type, reading newspapers and all that," I snickered.

"Hey, I can be fun!"

"Oh yeah? Show me," I challenged him.

"Okay," he said. "I thought of a game. Thigh-wrestling contest."

"What is that?"

"Haven't you seen EXO Showtime episode 12?" Then it clicked for me. It was when the EXO members were recalling past episodes. There was one part of the episode wherein instead of an arm-wrestling contest, they did a thigh-wrestling contest.

I narrowed my eyes as Ji dragged me to his bedroom.

"Okay, so you know how it works, right?" Ji asked me. We were sitting in chairs in front of each other, positioned at a very inimate distance.

"Yeah," I said. "You have to position your legs in between mine, and you have to try and pry them open." I tried not to gag at how sexual it sounded. Was Ji sure about this?

We positioned ourselves. He put his legs in the gap between mine, making me blush. Ugh. Can he not see hpw wrong this seemed? It's like positioning ourselves for the... no-no.