The Realm of Goth

Start from the beginning

"I think we're supposed to follow this path to where ever it leads," Dinah said, as she too took in her new surroundings

"I think we're supposed to follow this path to where ever it leads," Dinah said, as she too took in her new surroundings. "Maybe it'll lead us to where Nala and Lealia are."

"I agree," I replied, looking to her with a reassuring smile that she happily returned. So that's what we did. We began walking, staying vigilant and alert to make sure there was no danger among us.

As we continued walking, we stumbled upon what seemed to be a meadow. But it wasn't the kind of meadow one was used to seeing.

"Why are all the flowers black?" Dinah asked, taking one in her hand. I walked up behind her, taking her hand in mine as we both observed the odd black rose. Like the laughter we heard, there was nothing sinister about its appearance, though it was as dark as the night sky. There were specks of silver on its petals that resembled the same color as the clouds above us. It was beautiful.

"Lealia would love something like this," I said more to myself than to Dinah. Hearing that, she took it upon herself to carefully pluck the rose from its stem, placing it in her satchel so it wouldn't tare or become blemished.

"Think of it as a gift from us both," she said, "besides, I wanna make a good impression." I couldn't help but laugh at her words. She already cared about Lealia in a way that she cared about her Nala. And if Nala's anything like Dinah, I have no doubt I'll care for her too.

"Lealia, after all these years I cannot believe how much you still suck at finding hiding places!"

Dinah and I both looked up then around to see where that voice was coming from.

"Nala?" Dinah asked.

"Well what do you expect mon amie? Ever since I left for earth, I've had no time to practice."

"Lealia!" I gasped.

"You guys need to come out here right now!"

"Sors cet instant!" I countered in my native tongue so Lealia knew how serious I was.

"Nala, we must show them. M'dame Normani only scolds me in French when she's very flustered."

"Yea, Dinah doesn't really yell at me like that unless she's super mad."

Dinah and I looked at one another in confusion. What was it they had to show us?

(Listen to: "Eleven" by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein)

Out of the tall flowers arose two females, one with white hair, and one with jet black hair. Both had pale skin, but they were without blemishes.

"Oh cher! Where did my shoe go? I cannot stand walking barefoot, especially in soil."

The female with jet black hair then looked down to find her shoe, smiling happily when she saw it near her.