Chapter 5

A/N: Hey babes! I'm sorry its been so long since I've updated but school has been super busy. Anyways here is the next chapter. I hope you like it!

I stand outside of English for who knows how long before Mr. Fitz calls my name.

"Spencer, are you going to come in or are you just going to stand there?" questions Mr. Fitz

"Uh, yeah sorry" I say as I hesitantly walk in.

"No worries just have a seat so we can get started" he says with a fake smile

I guess he is just is going to pretend like nothing happened. Like he doesn't notice the bruise on my face. That he caused. He is just going to ignore it. And I'm ok with that. The less I have to talk to him or be around him the better. I just have to get through this hour and I can get away from him...for now.

*1 hour later*

Class is over the bell has rang. And I can finally leave.

"Spencer, before you leave can we talk?" asks Mr. Fitz

He wants to talk. I don't know how I feel. Am I scared or am I mad. I don't know, but I don't have time to decide. I speak before I have time to think of what I'm going to say.

"Sure" I say

By the time I get up to his desk everyone else has already left, leaving us alone. Something I don't want to be with him. There I am standing at his desk and all he does is stare at me. After what seems like an eternity he stands up and goes to close the door and walks back over and sits down.

"What have you been telling people about the bruise on you face?" he sternly asks.

I'm startled by his sudden question and I'm slightly scared by his tone of voice.

"I um... I just told them that I fell and hit it on the corner of my nightstand."

"Did they believe you?"

"Yeah they did"

"Ok, but next time use makeup and at least try to cover it" he says    

"I did tr-"

"No, don't argue with me and just say "ok". "

"Ok" I say

"You can leave now, I'll see you Wednesday for tutoring right?"

I cant tell if he is asking this as a question or just a plain statement. I really don't want to go back but I don't think I have a choice.

"Oh, we are still doing tutoring" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Of course we are. We had planned every Wednesday and Saturday correct?" he replies

"Yes" 

"Ok then I will see you on Wednesday."

"Yeah see you then" I say as I walk out of the room.

I didn't think I could get out of tutoring that easily. Maybe he wont hurt me again. It was just a one time thing. As long as I do well during tutoring he wont get mad and hit me. And once I pick my grades up we wont have to do it at all. Ok I can do this. I just have to focus on English for a while. I can do that.

"Spencer!" 

Great the one person I have been trying to avoid all day is here. Don't get me wrong I love him so much. But I don't want to lie to him. He always knows when I'm lying. And I love him for that. But here goes nothing.

"Hey Toby."

A/N: So it's sort of a cliffhanger and I love leaving you all on cliffhangers! I know I'm horrible for that. But I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think of it. I'll try to update soon. I love you all sm. Until next time my loves

                                -Meghan