"How many times have you ignored me in favour of staring at Lydia, hm?" Scott fired back.

"Hey, my ten year plan to get Lydia to date me will not end up with me single. I'm a dedicated guy when it comes to love."

"Until the next pretty face walks in?"

"Hey! I can look and appreciate, but only those green eyes will forever captivate me."

"Words of a poet." Scott snickered before turning serious. "So, is this Derek guy like you?"

"You mean a werewolf? Maybe." He couldn't remember if he was allowed to tell Scott, so he'd act clueless for now. Ugh, he was already feeling guilty for the lie.

"Should you really be trusting him then? What if he's the one who bit you?" Stiles blinked in surprise. He hadn't considered that. Was Derek really the one who turned his life upside down?

"I mean...He's been helpful so far, so I wouldn't say I trust him. I'm just giving a little, taking a little. He gives me information, I don't out him to the public I guess? I'm not sure if he was the one who bit me, but...I don't know, maybe I should just ask?"

"Okay, just- be careful, alright?" Scott said in concern, making Stiles smile.

"Yeah, I will."

👣🐾👣🐾👣

Stiles was in the boys locker room with Scott, though he wasn't changing. No one really noticed. Stiles was remarking on how much Mr Harris hated him, when Jackson came at him. Stiles put his hands on in surprised surrender, back pressed against the lockers. Jackson rolled his eyes and gave a small grin.

"So, Stilinski, where are you getting your juice?" Stiles blinked. Then he grinned.

"Oh, whenever I'm craving juice, I hand squeeze oranges for the hell of it, and since I'm already hyperactive, my dad thinks it's a better idea as it usually tires me out after a bit. It's quite healthy though, and dads always eating anything with grease if I'm not taking care of him-"

"Enough with your life story, Stilinski, and stop bullshitting me." Stiles only smiled smugly. He knew what Jackson meant, but didn't care. He liked pissing him off as long as he didn't get hit. "Your new skills on the field could only be from chemical enhancement. So I want to know who you're buying from."

"Like you don't do steroids, Jackson." Stiles snorted as his own sarcasm, smacking Jacksons shoulder with what he hoped was less strength than he wanted to use. Stiles floundered when Jackson angrily pushed him up against the lockers. On instinct, he blurted out any lie that would come to mind. A useful skill after years of dealing with Jackson and people like him.

"Adderall. It helps me focus, so I just have more attention when playing the game now." Jackson dropped him back down with a huff.

"Don't bullshit me again, Stilinski, or I'll knock out your front teeth." He growled and stalked off. Stiles let out a sigh of relief, turning to Scott.

"You are useless."

"What?!"

"I'm betrayed that you did nothing."

👣🐾👣🐾👣

Stiles skipped practice. He snuck away while everyone was changing, seeing it as the best temporary solution to not getting into first lines. His phone buzzed in his pocket, waking him from his doze in the back of his jeep.

Peter Parker: Dude, where are you??? Coach is killing us with suicides. Text me back Stiles!

Gwen Stacy: I can't go Scott. I can't play yet, not till I have an anchor.