Chapter 3.3

"Forget it. I'm making sure I won't lose. I equip Soul with Elf's Light, which increases her attack to 2400! And now that I have three monsters on the field, I activate Solar Ray, which does 600 points of damage for every light monster I have on my side of the field. And since I have 3, that means I can do 1800 points worth of damage, meaning—"

His laughter stopped me. "I hate to ruin your excitement, Alice-girl, but I have my own little trick."

"What!?"

"I activate Magical Neutralizing Force! It cancels out all of your trap and spell cards, so that little stunt you just pulled did you nothing. And not only that, but your Ocubeam and Soul lose their attack boosts."

"F—fine! I'll still attack your Flying Elephant with Soul!"

"Not so fast. Activate Rush Recklessly! Now it's 2000 against 2550. Not good odds, if I do say so myself!" He laughed.

He had just canceled out one of my best attacks, the one that would save me. More so, he knew exactly what I would do the moment I planned it. My hands were trembling. And for someone with such a simple dueling style like me... I knew I hardly had a chance. Yet again, I never did. All those times I should have died, I didn't. When I was sure I shouldn't be alive, I was. Hopefully whatever immortal aura that had kept me here would continue to work now.

"You know, this duel is anything but boaring, don't you agree?"

"Can you stop acting like a freak for one minute!?" I growled.

"Ouch, really that's not nice. You know, you look like you may bite. Have you gotten your rabies shot?"

"Just get on with your turn before I change my mind put a bullet in your head."

"I was only joking," he chuckled. "Learn to lighten up. Anyway, I'll set the card I just drew. And now I'll attack Ocubeam with Flying Elephant."

The two monsters met in battle. However, because of my Soul of Purity and Light's special ability, their attack points were equal, and both shattered.

"What was the point of that?" I asked.

"Just to get that creepy thing off the field," he shivered. "I simply couldn't stand looking at it any longer. That was all I wanted to do. I end."

"Good." I drew my next card, my eyes widening when I saw it was Fairy Meteor Crush. If I equip it to Soul, she would be able to take out Doma and do damage to his life points, even though she's in defense. But first...

"It looks like this duel is coming to an end," he smirked.

I ignored him, letting my rage fuel my actions. "I activate Tremendous Flames!" The field lit up with a gigantic wall of flames. Although they were just lights, I could swear I felt the searing heat. When they died down, my life points had dropped to 500, and his were at 650.

"And now, I equip Fairy Meteor Crush to Soul of Purity and Light, making her able to do damage even when battling with a defense position monster! And since there is a 600 point difference between her attack and Doma's defense, you'll drop to 50 life points! I end my turn."

"You think I should be scared, don't you?" He chuckled. "I have 50 points left, and I'm summoning a last resort monster." Dragon Piper appeared on the field in defense mode. "Well, I end my turn."

I stood there in confusion. He had 1800 defense. There was still a 200 point difference that would be taken from his life. He was going to lose. So why... was he so calm?

"Aren't you going to attack, Alice-girl?"

This was it. It had to be. It was about to be over. I couldn't delay it. I was so close.

"Yes," I answered simply. "For Mokuba and Seto Kaiba, the ones I've sworn my life to protect, I attack your monster with my Soul of Purity and Light!" A bright light was emitted from Soul, aiming for his only monster.

He began laughing hysterically. "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. I knew your rage would take control. Therefore, I activate Mirror Force!" The mirror reflected the light back at her.

"Wait..."

"And since we're playing by my tournament rules, I'm sure you know what that means." The light grew stronger, it's shine ringing so loudly my ears hurt.

"No..." I watched as my beautiful guardian angel broke apart like glass. "No!"

"Well then," Pegasus mused. "Looks like I dealt a fatal blow."