Roses are Red: Part One

The small town of Derry, Maine, had many anomalies, and Bliss Pearson was one of them. Everyday, without fail, the girl would saunter out of the forest around six near Baker Street- covered in blood.
Patrick Hockstetter had discovered this odd occurrence back in April, heading home from an eventful day torturing any insect or animal that he came across (with the help of his refrigerator, of course).
The boy had been watching her for about two weeks now, both at school and when she would emerge from the woods. For some reason, he didn't want to confront her just yet, he was trying to put the pieces together himself. The girl was like a sick, twisted puzzle for him. It was his world, after all- surely he should be able to figure it out.
He didn't have any classes with the girl, but he could see why she never stuck out to him. She wasn't a loner, or majorly popular, she had some friends and led an apparent mediocre life. She was seemingly normal: keyword, seemingly. The girl was harboring a secret that Patrick was ecstatic to unearth. What could such an average teen be doing in the worlds that would require that much blood? A sinister smile grew upon his lips as he thought of the things that he did that produced that much blood.
However, the Hockstetter boy couldn't seem to quite place his theories. Maybe she led unsuspecting children out into the forest and bludgeoned them to death? Maybe she cannibalized the flesh to rid herself of the evidence? Or maybe she also abused the wildlife for fun? The thoughts made him giddy. Patrick decided today was the day he would try and learn more about her to solve his puzzle.

The boy fallowed the girl close that day at school, keeping a mental list of all her classes and noting all the people she talked to. He could've asked his friends for help, but he had the urge to keep the girl to himself . She was like his dirty little secret, and he loved it. He kept imagining her, day after day, stepping out of the tress, splattered with redness; it made his crotch twitch. He'd be damned if his friends felt the same way and tried to take away his enigma.
    He was brought out of his thoughts as the girl stepped away from the group of kids she was talking to and wandered away. Patrick waited until she was a comfortable distance away before pushing off the wall he was leaning against and strode up to the cluster of kids.
    Most teens scurried off in a hurry, noticing the eerie boy approaching. However, one unfortunate boy didn't notice the malicious teen waltzing up until it was too late to run. Seeing the fear in his eyes only made Patrick's smile grow, licking his lips. He put his arms on either side of the boy, trapping him like a fly in a spider's web. The boy gulped and choked on words he couldn't squeak out.
     "What do you know about the blondie you were just talking to?" Patrick asked. The boy blinked at the older student; even with a simple question, the Hockstetter boy was terrifying.
    "Y-you mean Bliss?" He stuttered out.
    "I don't know, you tell me," Patrick said irritably, hoping the girl wouldn't leave his eyesight.
    The cornered boy fallowed his gaze to the girl. "Yeah, t-that's Bliss. Um..." The boy tried to think of words to say with Patrick's eyes now boring holes into his very soul.
    "I-I guess she's alright. She's a little quiet...she likes art?" He trailed off.
    Patrick studied the boy for an uncomfortable amount of time, trying to determine if he was satisfied with his answer. Meanwhile, the younger teen trembled in his shoes.
Patrick suddenly grabbed the boy's collar and threw him against the lockers, strolling away. That kid didn't seem to know much about Bliss, and he wouldn't be of much use . He was fairly certain she had art next period, he'd confront her after class. Leaving a very startled and terrified boy behind, Hockstetter left to meet up with his friends and fantasize about a certain blonde coated with blood.