Arc 24

You swung a leg at one of the bandits, successfully putting distance between them and the truck. Another was behind you, charging with a sword. You ducked, and swiped a kick at his legs before breaking his wrist so he would lose the blade. In less than a couple of minutes, four of them had been wiped out.

You could hear the sound of chains grating together, and almost immediately you knew who it was. You turned your head to see what had happened, and to your surprise, the chains had caught a few blades in their holes.

"Where's Taehyung and Melody?" You asked the blonde.

He threw the blades aside. "They're still in the truck, going towards the valley."

"Ok." You started to run towards them.

He grabbed your wrist, "(Y/n), wait."

The blonde was gone, and there was smoke that suddenly surrounded you. Smoke everywhere.

Is it dangerous? No, it's debris smoke. But what's that smell?

You crouched down, realizing there was some sort of stain on the ground. But this stench, this stain was all too familiar. The scent of iron and crimson red was all you could see. Beside the stain was a dart, and you already knew who it belonged to.

"I don't want to kill a girl, but I guess I have no choice."

There was a man wearing a mask emerging from some of the smoke. He had cocky eyes, and that was all you needed to know that he was a coward.

"Hey," You faced him, "What happened to Tae?"

He threw his head back in amusement. "Oh, you mean the kid with black hair? I killed him."

A frown formed on your lips before you started walking towards him. Your eyes narrowed as veins visibly appeared on your hand, nails sharpening. The man gulped, hesitating to flinch. Before he could come to a decision with himself, you already had a hand to his neck. He started sweating, trembling with fear as you looked up at him with hostile eyes.

"H-he's alive! I lied—"

You swiped at his neck, observing the terrified expression on his face before walking away. Seconds later, you could hear the sound of his body falling to the ground.

"That's what I thought. He could never lose against trash like you."

"(Y/n)!"

Your head turned to the source of the noise, but before you could call out his name he pushed you down and threw himself on you. Trapped between both of his arms, you looked up at him questioningly while feeling unsettled. But before you could say a word, he lowered his heads towards you.

W-what the hell is he doing?!

You hadn't realized what you had done until you felt the stinging sensation on your palm. Kurapika was still on top of you, head turned to the side in a dramatic pose while his cheek started glowing a bright pink.

"Idiot." He sighed, "I wasn't trying to kiss you!"

There was a boulder that crashed into the ground a few meters away, but you hadn't noticed that until now. He was protecting you from it.

The blonde got off of you and dusted himself off. "Let's get going."

You couldn't help but let your cheeks turn pink. "Sorry.."

But I still don't understand... Why'd he do that?

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —

Chappy Question: 

Hobbies?

Love, Kai( ◠‿◠ )