Chapter 20 - Anti-Climax

Start from the beginning

"The elements." Her voice caught everyone's attention and broke them from their laughing fit. When she took in their curious yet confused expressions, and Nate's smiling one, she continued "I'm linked to the elements. That's the last clue you're getting," Roxy held up a hand, her voice became sterner when she noticed the hybrid's mouth open to protest "I'm not going to tell you what I am... Figure it out yourself. Show me how smart a thousand-year-old Original Hybrid can be"

The challenge was obvious in her tone and the smirk that graced her lips. Klaus' threatening stance and frustrated look melted into a smirk that mirrored the brunettes'. No words were exchanged since his expression said it all: challenge accepted.

~8~

At the Salvatore boarding house, the two brothers, along with the assistance of Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennet, spent the night comforting a broken-hearted Elena. To say that the girl was a mess, was putting it mildly.

"They did this... this is their fault" Her words were coated with hatred as she glared at the fire

Damon spoke up from where he stood by the fireplace, swirling a glass of bourbon "So let's kill 'em"

Stefan shook his head, his tone disapproving as he began to lecture his brother on everything that could go wrong with this plan but then he was cut off before he could start "Damon-"

"No, Stefan. I want them dead" Surprisingly, Elena was the one to interrupt the younger Salvatore. She looked at the raven-haired vampire with teary eyes "How do we do this?"

~8~

After the little challenging stare down between Klaus and Roxy, which Kol and his obnoxious cough broke, the conversation took a turn in the direction of what the brunette had missed since she was kidnapped.

Jeremy spoke first, leaving nothing out as he told his sister what happened from the moment he discovered she was gone. He told her how he felt, to his argument with Elena and her doubt as she sided with the Salvatore's before he trailed off after explaining how he fled the house and contacted The Originals for help. The Mikaelson's then took over and began their recount from getting the boy's phone call to searching. Nate then butted in to mention his own little call causing the recently resurrected Gilbert to smirk at his smugness for acting so mysterious and vague. The youngest male Mikaelson huffed and rolled his eyes to interrupt the witch, so he himself could impress the only other fun person in this town that he liked.

Even though she was truly listening to their story and taking everything they said in; Roxy couldn't bring herself to look away from her baby brothers broken, tear streaked face as she felt her heart crack. Guilt gnawed at her for the part she played in his pain, but the anger she felt for those stupid vampire brothers, and her own hurt and disappointment at Elena greatly outweighed it...

It was safe to say that the next time Roxanne came across the Salvatore brothers and her younger sister, it wasn't going to be a pleasant meeting.

By the time she was all caught up to date with the drama, Rebekah had just finished speaking about her discovery of the existence of the white oak, and already the oldest Gilbert's mind was whizzing with possible solutions. Despite her efforts to push aside the storm of rather ugly emotions brewing within her at the so called 'Scooby Gang'. It seemed that they managed to leak through and influence her plans; especially since most of them involved serious bodily harm towards them- specifically the two love interests for her younger sister.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" The question came from the witch by the fireplace, who was watching his best friend with a knowing gleam and smirk as if to say he knew what she was thinking.