"Mother you can't." Robb argued.

"I must." Catelyn insisted.

"I'll send Hal with a squad of guardsmen to escort you." Ser Rodrik provided.

"Too large a party attracts too much unwanted attention." Catelyn said simply. "I don't want to Lannisters to know I'm coming."

"Let me accompany you at least. Kingsroad is a dangerous place for a woman alone." Ser Rodrik countered.

Catelyn looked to Maester Luwin as they both nodded in agreement.

"What about Bran?" Robb questioned.

Catelyn sighed before answering. "I have prayed to the seven for more than a month. Bran's life is in their hands now."

Jaidyn was in the stables readying Catelyn's horse when she entered. She needed to speak with Jaidyn before she left. The young girl had taken her new role well.

"Jaidyn, my cub." Catelyn said as she approached the young girl. "I want to say how sorry I am for missing your wedding to my son. It is just-"

"You don't need to apologize, my lady." Jaidyn cut her off.

Catelyn smiled at her before speaking again. "I want to congratulate you. I knew that one day you and my son would end up together. It's just Bran's accident had my attention."

"I understand." Jaidyn said to hopefully to put her nerves at ease.

"I don't know how long I will be gone, my cub and gods forbid they take Bran while I'm gone." She paused for a moment. "I want to ask you if you will watch over him. And if he does go then look after Robb and Rickon."

Her words made Jaidyn's heart feel heavy. She didn't want to think about any possibility of Bran dying. But she also knew that by reassuring Catelyn she would concentrate on the task at hand.

"Of course, my lady." Jaidyn said as she nodded in reply.

Catelyn sent her a soft smile and pulled her into a hug. She let out a sigh, this was a dangerous task for her and she wouldn't know how long she'd be gone from her home. She could only pray to the gods that she would be back soon and that her family would remain safe.

"You don't have to call me my lady anymore. We're family, little cub." Catelyn added in when they pulled away from their hug.

During their hug, Catelyn couldn't help but let her mind wonder to what Maester Luwin told her awhile ago. She wanted to address the matter but before she could Ser Rodrik entered the stables.

"My lady, it's time we go." He told her as he walked to their horses.

Catelyn just nodded her head in acknowledgement. She looked back to Jaidyn and gave her a kiss on her forehead then she turned to get on the horse. Before they left the gates of Winterfell, she looked back one last time.

Jaidyn watched from her position as they rode out of the gates. Everything had changed since the King's visit she could only hope that it would be okay eventually. She went inside and began heading in the direction of her room but remembered that Maester Luwin had requested to meet with her. So she turned around and headed to meet him.