"So...What now? I came out here for answers and I-"

"And you'll get answers. Just shut up and follow." Derek started walking through the trees and shrubs, Stiles a few steps behind him. He could only hope this guy didn't murder him and leave him to the coyotes.

👣🐾👣🐾👣

Stiles found himself in the remains of the Hale House. He'd seen it before in photos, a memory he could barely recall from when he was six and snooped around the arsonists scene a week after.

"Why are we here?"

"Because this is the most secretive spot I have right now, and this talk might take awhile." Derek admitted, stepping over the steps set up to the porch and opening the door. Stiles tried to do the same with the steps, only to stumble and fall off the porch. He was met by a very unimpressed Hale.

Laughing nervously, he dusted off his clothes and followed him inside the wreckage. It was dusty and charred, beams hanging low and the floor covered in leaves, but it still had ruminates of the quaint space if probably was when it wasn't burnt.

"Sit. Or stand. I don't care, just know I will not be patient with squirming when I'm answering your questions." He expressed his irritation without fault, and Stiles sat down on the wooden floorboards. "...You can talk now." Stiles fired them off like bullets in the hand of a maniac.

"Am I a werewolf? Harry Potter or Twilight style? Or neither? Do vampires exist too? What triggers turning into the beast, anger, full moon, hunger, heart beat? Or is it like, hormones or something, because as a teenage, I wouldn't be able to trust my control with those- also, is there a way to control it? Cause I have a game this Saturday and I'm afraid I might just eat everyone in the stands and on field if I go right after the full moon-"

"Stiles."

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Okay." Derek scared him. In a very, 'I could break your face with my pinky' kind of way. It didn't help that he was attractive, because all the overly attractive people he knew would probably beat the crap out of him if he didn't have any kind of filter - no matter how small mine is anyway - to stop his commentary.

"To answer your questions, I'll just give you the basics of what's going on." Derek crossed his arms and leaned against the frame of the entrance to what Stiles guessed was a living room once.

"Uh, does that include you telling me how you know so much? Are you a werewolf too?" He couldn't help himself.

"Wow, look at you learning." Stiles blinked in surprise at the sarcasm. Did he just meet his frickin' soulmate in hilarity? Nah, he was still holding out for Danny to get on board with his humour. He needed a gay best friend.

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Well, if it had been anyone else, I would have thrown them off my trail or killed them." Derek admitted with a frustrated huff. "You were just too interested for your own good, and the sheriff's son. Too many people know you. You figured out what you were, all of a sudden having a fit on my property, you already saw my eyes. I'm telling you this now so you'll know to leave me alone unless necessary."

"How is telling me you're a werewolf going to make me go away? It just makes me more curious as to what happened that night!"