"Nura, you were twenty-two, a young bride and a mother to infants with absolutely no foreknowledge on how to rule a kingdom. Yet you have done more for the people in your mere three years than Late King Hakim did in his entire reign. Because of you, Nura, the nation is out of its recurring recession-depression crisis. Unemployment has decreased and our chief sector -- manufacturing has improved. This was all done under your rule. You still have a long way before the damage that was caused by your late father and grandfather is reversed but you are on the right path. This is not just coming from your mentor who has known you for your entire life, this is coming from the Head of Advisors of the Kingdom of Kediakin."

"Some of your colleagues seem to think otherwise." She replied.

"The beauty of that is that many of them are still bitter they have to answer to a woman and can't see past that," Memukan replied.

He touched a hand to her cheek and stroked it gently. It offered her a familiar sense of elderly comfort and she smiled at him.

"There's that smile I enjoy seeing so much." He said, "don't despair, my queen, even international experts have amended your stellar leadership."

"The King of Saudi Arabia still hates me though." She said jestingly.

"Well, he's an entirely different story."

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and The Kingdom of Kediakin had a long rivalrous history. Nura wasn't exactly sure what had even started the two-hundred-year-old conflict, but she and her brothers had been born into it and had never questioned it.

When Nura had been announced as next in line for the throne, the King of Saudi was first to vehemently attack the nation's decision. He that it was both unlawful and unethical to have a female ruler. His opposition to the decision was so strong that he had barred any Saudi citizen or official alike from attending the coronation, with the threat of the death penalty.

"That he is." Nura agreed. "I actually feel much better Memukan, thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine."

Nura stood to head back to her chambers. She bent down to softly kiss Memukan's weathered cheek.

Memukan had been the strongest presence in her life, especially after her entire family had been wiped out. He was her personal advisor and dearest friend. He had been the most prominent father figure in her life and she trusted him with everything.

When Queen Nura turned twenty-five some five months later a large banquet was hosted -- at Memukan's insistence

When Queen Nura turned twenty-five some five months later a large banquet was hosted -- at Memukan's insistence. It was in honour of the people, rather than for herself. Her birthday was declared a public holiday for that year. Everyone, from officials to common citizens were invited. The officials were the only people who could attend the banquet held in the palace and various hotels and guesthouses had been open to the citizens. Everyone was offered enough food to fill their bellies to their heart's content. All the food, music and accommodation was entirely covered by the palace.