"He's beautiful." Maya sniffled.

"He is absolutely perfect and I'm so proud of you." I said and then I kissed her softly.

"I thought you wren't going to make it in time." she said as she looked down at our son.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I drove like a mad man to get here to you after I saw Riley's text." I replied as I caressed the baby's cheek with my finger. "I'm sorry again that I wasn't here with you the whole time."

 "It's okay just don't let it happen again. " she said cracking a smile this time.

"I promise you next time around when it gets closer to your due date I will get someone else do the showings." I replied.

"This kid is barely out of his mothers vagina and you two are already talking about having another kid already." Riley said which caused Maya and I to both laugh. 

"I know right?" Maya said to her then she looked down at our soon. "He's so cute. I can't believe we created this." 

"I'm going to step out of here to make some phone calls. Both your moms have been texting me and I also need to call Farkle. I love you both." Riley said as she walked over to us. "And you too little man. Can't wait to get some baby snuggles in." 

I watched Riley leave then turned back to Maya who was admiring our baby. The doctor was in the process of getting Maya cleaned up. I couldn't wait to hold our son. I could tell Maya was just so in love with him. It was amazing watch the two of them. I was so entranced in watching Maya that I didn't hear the nurse walk up to us. 

"Maya, in a few minutes we are going to see if he will latch to you. You do plan on breast feeding him right?" the nurse asked. 

"Yes, I do.." Maya replied then she turned to look at me. "You want to hold him real quick Daddy?" 

"Yes, of course." I said with a big grin. 

I carefully took my tiny son out of Maya's arms. He was fucking perfect. I was so in awe of the tiny little human that Maya and I created.  I looked at him and it made fall even more in love with Maya. I love her so much and even though our relationship started out a bit fast I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I can remember feeling this way when Maggie was born. The only difference is while I was totally in love with Maggie I wasn't with Caroline so the love I felt was for Maggie specifically. 

"We did that." Maya said to me completely snapping me out of my thoughts. When I looked over at her she was pointing to the baby. 

"We did do that and I would do it all over again." I replied.

"Me too." she answered.  

The nurse walked back over to us and I figured it was time to hand him back to Maya.

"Okay lets see if the baby will feed off Mom now. 

"I was just about to give him back to Mommy." I said as i carefully handed him to Maya. 

I watched as the nurse help get Maya positioned with the baby correctly. I was relieved to see that he latched on quite perfectly. Maya had talked to me previously about how she wanted to breast feed him because its preferred and healthier for him. I sat down in the chair and leaned up against the railing on the bed. Maya looked over at me and smiled.