Chapter 19

A/N: Awe you guys are sooo sweet! Thank you for the love on the last chapter. I hope you enjoy this one too. :) 

Maya POV

In the middle of the night I was woken up by Maggie who was climbing into bed with us. Even though she is 10 years old this didn't surprise me considering that she is currently coping with the fact that her Mom is leaving. Lucas was sawing logs next to me and didn't wake up at all. I made room so she could come between us and put my arms out to her. She crawled in between us laid her head on my chest which surprised me. 

"You okay pumpkin?" I whispered to her as I pulled the blankets up over us. 

"I don't want my mom to leave." she replied. "I just wanted to come in with you and Daddy. I don't want to be alone." 

"I know you don't honey. I'm sorry and that's fine you came in with us. " I answered. 

"Maya?' she said as she lifted her head up and looked at me.  

"Yeah?" I asked her. 

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you when we first met." she said then she laid her head back down.

"Its okay honey. I understand you were going through a lot and didn't take any of it personally." I say as I put my hands through her hair. 

Maggie yawned "Okay good." she said. 

After we talked for a little bit the two of us went back to sleep. In the morning I was woke up by Lucas kisses along my neck. My eyes fluttered open and he was looking at me with a smile on his face.

"Good morning beautiful." he said to me then he leaned down and kissed me softly.

I started getting into the kiss and then it dawned on me that Maggie was in the bed with us and he must have not have noticed. I quickly pulled away and he looked at me confused. 

"Maggie. She's in bed with us." I said as I sat up. 

Turned out she was at the bottom of the bed fast asleep and that's why Lucas hadn't seen her. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:00. I was surprised Lucas was up this early since we usually sleep in but I was fine with it.

"Oh shit I didn't even notice she was in bed with us." Lucas said. "I'm glad this bed is king sized." 

I laid back down and chuckled "Yeah she came in the middle of the night upset about Caroline leaving." I replied.

Lucas sighed "This is going to take some time for her to get over. I'm at a loss." 

"I know you are but its going to be okay." I replied. 

"I'm going to make sure to call her therapist tomorrow before her appointment." he said as he laid down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. 

I cuddled into him "Good I'm glad." 

"Can we make out?" he said and I started quietly laughing. 

"Not right now." I giggled. 

"I love you." he said to me.

"I love you too." I replied. 

Lucas and I lay there cuddling. He placed his hand on my tummy just like he does every morning and I felt him as he rubbed my little bump. It made me emotional thinking about how in love he was with me and our baby. As I lay there lost in thought I was brought out of it when I felt movement at the bed. 

"Daddy?" Maggie mumbled as she crawled up between us. 

"Hey squirt did you sleep okay?" he asked her as she laid her head on his chest.