Chapter 32

A/N: Sorry for that cliffhanger but this chapter is going to picked up where the last one left off. hope you all enjoyed the last chapter. Lets go into a Lucas POV shall we? :)

Lucas POV

After showing my client the estate that she was interested in looking at I set off for home so that I could see my girls. I had left my cell phone turned off in my truck while I was showing the house to my client. There wasn't really much cell service anyways so there was no point in having my phone on me. Once I got to the highway I turned my cell phone back and imagine my shock when it started alerting me to several text messages and voice mails. I pulled over to check them out and the first one I saw was from Riley saying to get to the hospital because Maya was having the baby. Instead of replying I drove like a mad man to the hospital. I had to focus on getting to May and luckily I got there within 40 minutes and just as I rounded the corner I heard Maya yell out in pain. I told the nurses at the desk who I was and they told me to go back that she really wanted me there. As I got there I could see Maya. She was in the middle of pushing.

"Maya?" I said as I ran up to her.

Maya's head fell back onto the pillow after she got done pushing and she looked over at me.

"Lucas? You're here." she said breathlessly.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world. I'm so sorry, Maya. My phone was off." I said as I leaned down and kissed her softly. "How are you doing?" 

"I don't know Lucas. How does it look like I'm doing?" she said with an annoyed look on her face. "You nearly missed the birth of our child so you tell me." 

"I know and I'm sorry. I got here as fast I could." I replied to her.

After a few minutes the doctor told Maya to push again. I couldn't take hearing her in so much pain but I also knew once this was over with it would be worth it to have our baby boy in our arms.

"I hate you Lucas. We are never having sex again." Maya screamed as she continued to push. I heard Riley snort. I grinned and hoped Maya didn't notice. 

"I know I'm sorry." was all I could say to her.

"This is your fault." she said breathlessly.

"Maya you were literally just crying cause he wasn't here and now you're yelling at him." Riley laughed.

"It hurts." she cried.

"It's going to be over with soon. You're doing great." I replied to her as she began to push again.

"He's almost out Maya. You are doing so good. Just a couple more pushes and he'll be out." the doctor said and I looked to Maya and grinned.

After a few more pushes the sounds of our newborn son filled the room. I watched as the nurses lifted him up. He had hair on his little head. I watched as they brought him over and laid him on Maya. She took one look at him and started crying. They had me cut the cord and then the nurses wanted Maya to do skin to skin bonding with him. They cleaned him up and weighed him. He weighed 6lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long. The nurse told us he was absolutely perfect and there was no problems with him at all even though he was 4 weeks early. After cleaning him the nurse put a small diaper on him and wrapped him up in a blanket. Once done she brought him over to Maya so they could do the bonding with him. I couldn't help the tears from forming in my eyes as I looked at my son. Matthew looked like both of us. He had Maya's heart shaped face and my eyes. A great mixture of the two of us.