five.

Teegan

I was sitting in my room watching F is for Family. Keith watches it all the time in class, so I wanted to see what it was about. I laughed at something Frank said almost chocking on my popcorn.

My mother comes in with a panic look and started patting my back.

" Thank you."

" Teegan you almost gave me a heart attack."

" Sorry mom."

She sets down a black semi thin spaghetti  strap dress on my bed smiling at me.

" What's this for?"

" We are having dinner with our new neighbors the Powers."

Keith didn't tell me anything about this. He probably didn't know anything about it till today.

" I already know them, I'm friends with their son Keith."

" I know, but still our families will get to know one another. Start getting reading now because we are leaving in thirty minutes."

" Yes ma'am."

~ ~ ~

I really didn't feel like pressing my hair, so I was putting mousse in it to make it extra curly. The dress my mom bought me fit nice and the velvet block heels were nice. I put on my California gold chain necklace to top off my outfit.

As I enter the living room, my parents were waiting for me by our front door. They are my favorite one true pairing. It's so cute how they fix each other's outfit.

" Baby girl can you grab the cake from kitchen please."

Mom made her famous red velvet cake. It's the best in the whole wide world, Keith is going to love it.

I grab the cake that was in the container and go back to the front door. My dad makes sures everything is off before locking the front door. Since the Powers only live two houses down we walk over there.

" Before we go in there, Keith has a stuttering problem so just be patient with him."

" Okay sweetie thank you for letting us know. How do you know him exactly ", my dad tone changed from lovely dovey to overprotective father.

" We go to the same school and have a class together."

" Hmmm ok, he better not try anything."

" Keith is a sweet boy, he would never."

I ring the doorbell and Mrs.Powers opens the door.

" Teegan you look beautiful sweetie."

" Thank you Mrs.Powers."

" Keith is upstairs if you want to go see him."

" Ok."

I walk up the stairway knowing where his room was is at. His door was was wide open so I helped myself and sat on his bed. A star wars comic book sat on his bed and I started reading it.

" Hey T."

" Hey Keith."

He was buttoning his his white button down. I got from the bed and finished the rest flatten out his shirt.

" You cleaned up nice."

" T-t-thank you. You l-l-look b-b-beautiful tonight."

" Thank you Keith. You're t's are starting to get better."

" Y-y-yeah I've b-b-been doing the thing you told m-m-me to do."

" I'm glad it's starting to help."

Keith sat down next to me on the bed placing his hand on my thigh. He started moving his head closer to mine...our foreheads touched...and then our lips.

I was taken off guard by his actions.

" Keith! Teegan! Dinner is ready!"

He pulled away wiping off the lip gloss from the side of his lip.

~ ~ ~

All through out dinner I kept thinking about the kiss from earlier. I don't have a problem about it, I just want to know how he feels. Our parents were outside talking about what grown ups usually talk about. I stayed inside to help Keith with the dishes. He gave me one of his shirts to wear so I wouldn't mess up my dress.

It was silent between us. The only thing that was heard was dishes and silverware clinking around the sink.

" I'm going to just cut to the bullshit, Keith why did you kiss me?"

" Because."

" Because of- look Keith it's ok to tell me how you feel. I won't get mad. If you like me then-"

I was cut off by his lips.

" I l-l-like you. You are the m-m-most b-b-beautiful I've ever seen."

" Aww Keith."

He rubs off going upstairs. I was kind of confused.

Keith comes back downstairs with a poster, flowers, and my favorite chips.

Teegan Barnes, it would be the Jedi way if you became my girlfriend💙

" Keith you did all of this?"

He nod his head smiling.

" Spool? W-w-will you?"

" Of course."

I give him a hug wrapping my arms around his torso. He bring my head up connecting our lips again.