eighteen || evanescent

evanescent : vanishing quickly, lasting for a very short time

Georgia and Antonio just laid together on top of her bed, holding each other in one another's arms and not wanting to let go. They both talked about their experiences and what had happened within the last seven months they had not seen each other. It was Christmas Day, and even though they did not get anything for one another, they got exactly what they wanted; each other. 

"How long are you here for?" Georgia asked softly, running her fingers down his cheek, not exactly wanting to hear the answer. 

"I'm only here until tomorrow, but I'm not going home." He muttered in response. She instantly sat up in the bed, leaning her weight onto her elbow to prop herself up. 

"What do you mean you're not going home?" She asked in response, a concerned and nervous sound trailing through her words.

"As soon as I get on that plane tomorrow, I'm getting deployed to Afghanistan to do special ops there." He said so quietly she was not sure if she had heard him right. She did not want to hear him right, because if she did, that meant that he was heading to active combat.

"I just got you back, you can't leave again, especially not to somewhere you could get shot or killed!" She exclaimed, finding herself getting off of the bed in frustration, pacing the floor with her hands running through her hair and tears welling up in her eyes. Antonio quickly stood up and walked over to her, taking her in his arms and hugging her tightly. 

"I'm going to be fine. I got promoted already to an Army Specialist, and I'm going to be working on the technologies that they deal with over there. I will most likely never see combat, okay? I'm going to be perfectly fine. I will write you every week and call when I can." He added on quickly, and he felt her nod against his chest as she processed what he was saying to her. 

"How long will you be gone?" She asked, putting her chin on his chest and looking up to him. By the look in his eyes, it was not a great number.

"At the very least, six months, but it will probably end up being closer to a year because there are not a lot of guys like me who know the equipment and how to get information like the back of their hand." He said with a voice full of sorrow. His answer only made her hug him tighter, fear starting to rise inside her once again.

"You're going to be okay." She repeated to herself softly, looking up to him once again. "We're going to be okay." She said firmly, and he smiled, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"I will watch as many games as I can, but it probably will only be like half of one once every couple of games." He chuckled, and she smiled.

"No it's okay, I get it. You don't want to watch your amazing girlfriend sit the bench." She responded with a voice laced with sarcasm.

"You're not going to be sitting the bench, not after one hell of a performance as the in-term Karen Bardsley. They'd be stupid not to play you." Antonio answered with a roll of his eyes. 

"I really hope you're right." She sighed, sitting back down on the bed. 

"Want to make some breakfast? I don't know if you have any food here, but I'm sure I can make something up." He said with a wink, and she chuckled.

"Sure, good luck finding anything to try and cook with." Georgia warned, grabbing his hand as he started to leave, and she followed him, their fingers interlaced as they walked through the house. 

"I'll see what you have, and you can go invite Carli over for breakfast." He said. Although she did not want to sound mean, she really did not want to invite Carli: She wanted it to just be here and Antonio.