six || serendipity

[ The USWNT has me shook so bad... Brazil threw a 3-1 lead... that is all ]

serendipity : the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way

She exited her last final of the day and threw her study guides and exam notes into the trash as she walked out of the room. She was officially done with high school.

She was officially done with school.

"Are we still going out to lunch to celebrate?" Allison asked excitedly as she joined Georgia by her locker, along with Hannah and her boyfriend Parker, and Antonio.

"I'm buying!" Antonio suggested, and they all laughed.

"Well in that case of course we are." Georgia responded as he took her hand, and they all headed out the front doors of the school, the principal and other staff members who did not have a class that hour bidding them farewell until they did their senior walk-through the day before they had commencements. They exited the school, all of them splitting to their cars, but since Georgia rode with Antonio that morning, she followed him to the passenger seat of his Jeep and got in just as he started the engine. He looked her over, chuckling at the fact she did not dress nice like most of the other seniors as a last impression, for she had a Manchester City hoodie, Nike shorts, and her Birkenstocks on. She looked over to him and smiled.

"What?" She asked with a playful chuckle as he looked away to follow the other cars out of the parking lot, but they would not be getting too far, for there was a lot of senior traffic.

"It's just that everyone else dressed nice for their last day, and then there's you with a sweatshirt and shorts on." He responded, and they both found themselves laughing. 

"At least I bothered to do my makeup this morning. I was up all night studying for that AP Lit and chemistry exams. I mean I know I passed because they ended up being easier than my teachers made them out to be, but I'm exhausted." She responded, laying back against the seat, running a hand through her hair. She kept it there in frustration as they sat in the parking lot traffic, and she did not notice when he lay his hand on her thigh, a look of alarm shooting at him before she settled at his touch.

"We don't have to go to lunch, you know. You've got a game later and you've got to get some rest." He said, and she gave a smile as they finally pulled out of the parking lot and headed for a small diner the group usually went to on half days.

"No, it's probably our last group lunch like this and I don't want to miss it," Georgia said as his hand pulled away to make the turn towards downtown Portland, then rest it on the center counsel. "I don't want to miss anything anymore." She sighed out, huffing as she brought one of her knees up to her chest, her foot pushing against the seat.

"GJ, what's this all about?" He asked, taking her hand in his and lacing their fingers together.

"I'm leaving for Manchester in a month, Antonio, and I don't know what's going to happen to all of us. You and Al are going to Stanford, Trevor will be here, Hannah's heading to UNC, Parker is going to Michigan State. We're going to be all over the place and I don't want us to fall apart." Georgia explained just as they pulled into the parking lot of the diner, Antonio shutting off the engine and turning to face her.

"Georgia, let's not think of all of that right now. Right now, we're going to go in there like it's our last day of high school, it's your last soccer game, and your game is first so it'll be over before you know it because we are going to prom together tonight. You have districts starting Monday, and games are going to be flying by. State Championship is two weeks from now. Think of what you have right now, okay? Not what's going to happen in the future." He explained to her as the others pulled into parking spots and got out of their cars, walking towards them so they could walk in all together. Georgia gave a dull smile and nodded, squeezing his hand and pecking his lips before they both got out of the car to join them.