you said you would take care of me, but instead i took care of you.

Start from the beginning

Ring, ring.

I pulled away and took my phone out of my pocket. Yi-Jeong was surprised by the sudden movement but chuckled.

"Hello? Eomma?" I said.

"So-Young! Where are you?"

"In the park Eomma. Don't worry about me! I'll come back home in a couple hours." I ensured her. She made an uneasy noise and sighed.

"It's almost seven. Come back before nine-thirty, alright?" I hummed cheerfully and spoke once more before ending the call.

"I love you. Tell all of them I miss them too. Goodbye!" I said through the phone. I giggled and ended it. I put my phone back in my pocket and sighed.

"We have an hour and a half left. What do you want to do?" I said.

"Let's go to this place downtown."

"I told you already Yi-Jeong!"

"Adolescents go there all the time and the bartender is okay with it. He just gives them substituted drinks; no harm done." I hesitated as my eyes scanned his features.

"I'll keep you safe don't worry."

"You promise?"

"Pinky swear." He held out his pinky and forced mine up. I interlocked my finger with his and kissed my thumb. He chuckled and led us to his car.

We arrived and got out. He swung an arm around me and we grabbed two seats at the bar.

"One Shirley Temple and orange juice please."

"You're allowed to drink without an ID?"

"They know me. And I know I can handle it." He said. I nodded and took a sip of my orange juice. He drank his drink and played with the straw.

"What made you want to bring me here so bad?"

"No reason. I guess it's better to have someone with you at a place like this."

"Is it comforting?"

"Yeah, you could say that." I smiled and took another sip of my orange juice. I touched my face and put the glove in my coat pocket.

"I'm going to go the restroom."

"Okay." I hopped off my seat and headed into the bathroom. I washed my face and fixed my hair. My cheeks were red, but my hands were cold. I sighed and headed out after a couple minutes. Though when I went out, Yi-Jeong was pummeling and getting pummeled by a guy that I saw near the door before I left. I ran to his side to straighten his back up.

"You idiot! What were you thinking picking fight when you've already had something to drink?" He mumbled incoherently and slammed his head into my shoulder.

"Yi-Jeong! I don't know how to drive so how am I supposed to bring you home?"

"Just walk. . . "

"And leave your car here?" He nodded slowly and drooled on my jacket. I gathered all our things and thanked the bartender.

I started staggering to his house with him beside me. I laid his arm on my shoulder and trudged on.

"You're so heavy," I mumbled.

"Why did you have to pick me oh lord? To bring this bag of nonsense home,"

"Because I love you," Yi-Jeong said groggily.

"He chose you because you are the only one who would care if I got like this."

"Then why did you fight that guy if you'd know I wouldn't approve?"

"I was just protecting my girl. He was talking about you like you were a highly-priced item."

"Huh?"

"He was a pervert! He was going to take advantage of you so I needed to do something." He then continued sleeping on my shoulder. I thought for a while before shaking my head, as I tried to get the nonsense out of my head.

"You," I whispered.

"You're not thinking straight. Just stop talking until we get home." I grunted as we got closer.

We finally were back and I used his keys to unlock the door. I quickly directed him to his bed and laid him down. I got a warm towel and placed it on his forehead.

"You child. I never thought I would have to take care of someone older than me." I whispered. I patted his face with a towel to try and attempt to tend to the black bruises on his cheeks and neck. I sat down on the other side of the bed and sighed. I cracked my neck and rubbed my arm. My eyes then trailed over to Yi-Jeong's sleeping features. I guess when he wasn't talking so much then there would be much more to him then what meets the eye. I leaned down and managed to keep my eyes open. I fixed his hair and the blanket.

"All the things you said about me. Were they true? Or was it your drunken self just speaking nonsense?" I whispered.

I then slowly but surely started to close the space between us and pressed my lips gently against the corner of his mouth. I stepped back and gathered my things.

"Goodnight, Yi-Jeong."

I opened the door to my home as it remained dark and quiet. I went into my room and closed the door silently. I sighed and laid on my bed. I was about to take off my jacket when I felt something in it's pocket. I pulled out a leather glove and inspected it. His initials were marked on it's tag. I took out my purse and put it in my drawer, also throwing on some pajamas and hopping into bed. I was about to turn off my light when I took the glove once again in my hand. I put it on and admired how it fit. I slowly slid it off and intertwined my hands together over my chest.

"What am I doing?" I whispered to myself. But that wasn't the question I should've been asking.

I should've been wondering of what this feeling in my heart was. It didn't feel the same as when I was with Ji-Hoo, but felt warmer and softer. I questioned myself once more.

Was this really love?