Chancellor Ven vacated his post around half an hour ago, Judge Gerlin replacing the man to use his position as a high-ranking official to authenticate these charges. Zelda saw and heard everything, and after copious amounts of speculation from the astute princess, she decided on a verdict. She wasn't sure how, but Ven had to be a fraud, or at least controlling Hyrule's political figures and the Imperial Guard with Yiga assistance, explaining that this was a far cry from standard procedure. The words spoken by the Royal Council were robotic in a sense, carefully constructed as to not show hidden motives. The princess was taught from a young age the ins and outs of Hyrule's legal system, and King Rhoam, though he ruled with an iron fist, was not a cruel man. Zelda understood this well, which made her confident in her theory. A deeply-rooted gut feeling warning Zelda to trust her instincts.

Link believed Zelda, truly, as the swordsman felt exactly the same.

Now it was left up to Link and Zelda to deal with the foreboding aftermath; to deal with this unanticipated darkness engulfing Castle Town in a maddening haze built from an abysmal contempt. Contempt for the Sheikah tribe. For the innocent people who selflessly guarded the kingdom of Hyrule.

Yet, they were still unfortunate enough to have everything going against them, no one defending them in return. Hatred is such a strong, unswayable emotion, if either Link or Zelda opposed the man responsible for the discord involving the Sheikah without support, their lives would be on the line. Then not a single living creature would be available to fight against the rising threat. The additional Champions not packing enough punch to have the extra impact required to calm the citizens or eradicate the Yiga alone.

They wouldn't get away with conquering Hyrule Kingdom if Link had anything to say about it. As Zelda and he snuck by any roving knights, chasing in Chancellor Ven's footsteps to where he had run off to, Link internally promised to free the Sheikah and stop Chancellor Ven's impersonator.

Easier said than done.

Link's thoughts redirected to a darker path, unwillingly thinking of everything that could go wrong, but he adamantly pushed onward, knowing that (Y/n)'s life was in jeopardy. It was attentively carved into his very soul to be courageous (though he was oblivious to this fact), and the last thing he would do is abandon (Y/n). Especially when that same person inspired him to become stronger, Link training sedulously to become a protector anyone could rely on.

Though Link extensively cultivated his innate skills since he was but a small child, it's said if a member of the Sheikah tribe decided to offer their vast knowledge and tutor someone, that specific person had substantial potential to become something great. It was definitely a privilege to learn alongside a Sheikah. An opportunity anyone would kill for. These rumors were a testament to the tribes unequaled genius and strength as they frequently showed their superiority, but not arrogantly.

Link considered himself exponentially lucky to have someone like (Y/n) as his mentor. (Y/n), who wholeheartedly put forth effort to mold Link into an individual able to hold his own against any opponent, was in trouble. Perhaps even hurt, and the very notion infuriated him, a punishing thought that sent his protective instincts into overdrive. A perplexing feeling for the young man to experience because they had only been acquainted for several months, but for an unknown reason, it felt more like years. Centuries. Aeons. This being absolutely undeniable, Link would undertake anything, even if that meant fighting to the death for his friend and comrade, (Y/n).

From the start, (Y/n) eluded Link and everyone else to trick them into believing she was nothing less than a distant individual who enjoyed her privacy and despised interacting with others. But, he caught glimpses of a selfless personality contradicting the cold front she wore with practiced ease. Beneath that tough exterior, Link could discern the pain and suffering and sorrow she drowned in, but even still, she was a person comprised of all things exceptional and admirable and alluring.