The Dreams By: Kourtney Cherry Chapter 5 (part 4)

Demetri looked back and stuck his tongue out as Kroll closed the door behind him. He finished undressing and looked at his reflection in the mirror. He had rounded but defined cheekbones, his jaw line was soft but strong, his hair was tousled from the flight, and his nails were growing longer. He figured after the shower he would cut them and clean up some more, now that he had a girlfriend.

He then turned on the shower to let it warm up and brushed his teeth, humming the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song. Once his teeth were nice and pearly he jumped in. The water was warm and soothing. Demetri worked on weeding out the small pieces of; grass, leaves, and twigs. They were still left behind from Kit’s failed landing. Which, still left him astonished. Finally he had landed on his feet then a small Asian girl pile drives him into the ground. Her force was enough to knock the wind right out of his lungs. Demetri almost screamed like a little girl when he found a small berry in his hair that looked like a bug. Quickly he finished washing out all of the randomized objects floating about in his hair. Then it was off to washing his body. This of course, was the easy part. The next hard part was getting the dirt out from in between his pure white feathers.  It was a challenge but he succeeded in cleaning them fully. After the shower he walked out too his room and on his bed laid a tux with a note.

‘Demetri,

Sorry for such short notice. You and Kit are invited to a dinner and a ball afterwards. The car will pick you up at the front door at 8:30. We look forward to seeing you both there. Don’t worry about your whole wing thing. You will fit right in. Well no need to explain, you will see sure enough on your own. I am not sure I have told you yet, but this mansion and all you go for a while is all on a large island. This is all owned by my husband Eli. As well as you will hear him play tonight. He is a trumpet player. Though, he will also conduct the band. I hope you enjoy your night. I will not be traveling with you and Kit. I will have already attended. See you tonight. ---Jacquelyn (Jack)’

Demetri nodded. Even though he noticed it was not needed for the fact that there was nobody to see it. He slipped on the slacks then the shirt with most of the back cut out. He just slipped those on over his legs to avoid wing problems. Then he heard the door open it was Evangeline. Demetri didn’t let his disappointment show.

“Expecting someone,” Evangeline asked.

“No, I just thought you were Kit.”

“No, I’m not at all. So need some help with that coat,” she said picking it up. She walked over to him almost as I prowling. Evangeline always did have the hots for him. Demetri was always on to her though.

Demetri took the coat from her and told her it was fine. He slipped it on under his wings then buttoned it neatly. Evangeline then took the tie and ran with it causing Demetri to chase her for it. She ran him into a wall and tried to kiss him. Demetri pushed her with enough force to knock her on her butt and he snatched the tie. He looked at her and spat out in fury.

“I have a girlfriend you know!”

“I know. You are dating Kit.”

“You knew and you still continued to try to kiss me,” Demetri asked yelling. “What a great fucking friend you are!”

“Well, I like you. Why do you have to always like Kit? You have always known that I liked you,” Evangeline said.

“Because, I am in love with her, I always have been. Plus, I told you years ago that I thought nothing more of you than a friend. Get out,” Demetri said trying to calm down. She stayed dazing. “GET OUT,” he finally yelled.

She scurried out of the room. He tried to calm down then a small voice came in from the hallway. It was Kit. She looked worried.

“You look beautiful,” Demetri said looking at her. She was wearing a pastel blue long evening gown that fit her perfectly.

“Thank you. What was all that about?”

“Evangeline just tried to kiss me. Then I pushed her, yelled at her, and told her that we were dating. She didn’t care.”

“I told her all about that. Well did she get to kiss you,” Kit asked.

“No, luckily I caught it before she could.”

“Good, well let’s not dwell on it right now. Demetri…”

“Yeah,” Demetri said looking at her.

“I wanted to tell you that I love you. I always have.”

“I love you too,” Demetri said picking her up and kissing her. They both blushed.

“So, did you get a letter as well,” Kit asked quickly changing the subject before she turned into a cherry.

“Yeah I did. I was from Jack, you?”

“Yes.”

“So it is 7:45, ready to go,” Demetri asked holding out his arm like a gentleman.

“I think so,” Kit said smiling and taking his arm. Demetri placed his other hand on hers as they walked out to the gate. The night was very pretty. The stars looked like diamonds in the fading sky. The limo pulled out in front of them. Kroll walked out and opened the door for them in a half bow. Kit went in first secretly thinking that she felt like a princess. Demetri followed behind her smiling. He kissed her and sat across from her.