The Dreams By: Kourtney Cherry Chapter 5 (part 2)

Soon the dining room came into view. Demetri helped Kit into her chair, and then sat down next to her. It wasn’t long before Eli and Jack got home. Eli was the first to enter the room.

“Good morning you two, Kit you must be hungry as well. Manson,” Eli said into a small call button next to him.

“Yes sir,” Manson said walking into the room.

 “Please bring in a breakfast feast, she must be hungry and the rest of us could use a treat.”

“Yes sir, right away,” Manson said turning into the kitchen doors.

“Oh, hello Kit, hello Demetri,” Jack said walking into the room.

“Hello,” both Kit and Demetri said at the same time.

“How are you feeling Kit? Any problems this morning,” Jack asked looking for a reaction in Kit’s expression.

“Well other than a hunger I have never felt before and a strange feeling in my back not really.”

“Well good, I will warn you though you may change right after and or during breakfast,” Jack said.

“So how was your weekend,” Demetri asked looking at Eli.

“It went well, but I think I will have to start you and Kit into training tomorrow, but I will be bringing you guys to your bunks tonight after dinner. You have a lot to learn in these lessons, but the more you do as you’re told the better. They are mainly military sergeants. Plus the more you listen the sooner you can get out,” Eli said looking at Demetri as well as at Kit who looked distressed. He knew it wouldn’t be very long at all. Then Manson and Kroll walked in and directed the servers to the proper places. Once the table was set Kit stared at the food waiting for the ok, just as Demetri had his first morning.

“You don’t have to wait Kit, go ahead and eat. I did the same thing my first day here,” Demetri said looking over at Kit while picking up a biscuit and sausage patty. Kit then followed suit and ladled out some eggs, a sausage patty, and some French toast, and scarfed them down quickly. She ate quickly without much as a word. The three just watched her while eating in silence. Once she finished her plate she grabbed some croissant rolls and an omelet. Eli and Jack looked amazed at her ravenous appetite.

“She can eat a lot when she is hungry, and we have to remember it has been 3 days since her last real meal,” Demetri said looking at Eli and Jack. Then the talking stopped from a loud scream that erupted from Kit’s mouth. She dropped to the floor and cried screaming and clenching at the floor. The pain was a lot for her to bear. Her body became weak and trembled. Her nails dug into the carpet and she ached in her own agony. Then the scream grew ear piercingly loud, then the wings busted from her skin. Growing rapidly as Kit continued to cry out in pain. She felt as if she would die from all the pain she was feeling. Demetri sent Kroll to fetch some water. He sat near Kit as he relived the pain in his mind. Her screams shook his very soul. He hated seeing her in such pain. Then the wings had fully grown to their length and Kit was crouched into a small ball on the ground on her hands and knees.  He cried silently for a little while sipping at the water Demetri handed her. Then finally she stood. She stretched out her wings to see them. They were a pure black feather but the very tips of each feather were a shiny pure gold color. She looked happily at her new found wings.

“You weren’t lying about the pain,” Kit said looking at Demetri.

“Why would I? Well at least the hard evil part is over. Clothes are gonna be interesting to put on… Trust me I know.” Kit looked at him and laughed.

“Would you like to show her the garden Demetri,” Eli asked.

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me Eli,” Demetri said smiling.

“What garden,” Kit asked confused.

“It is the place where Eli and Jack took me to my first morning as well as I did my first lift offs and my first flight. Oh and the date I set up for Kroll and Anastasia. It is a really beautiful garden and it has a wide open clearing if you take the straight path.”

“Oh ok, well I guess I will see all of you guys later. Thank you for the food and well my wings,” Kit said turning back at the two doctors.

“You’re welcome,” Both Eli and Jacquelyn said waving them off.

Kit walked with a slight hop next to Demetri to the glass corridor. She looked around in amazement and at the blooming trees and luscious life.  Then they opened the door to the outside and both skipped merrily across the stones all the way to the path that lead up to the clearing. Demetri fluttered up to the middle of the clearing beckoning Kit to come towards the middle. Demetri then began to instruct what he had already learned. He told Kit to flap her wings at full extension and try to lift up off the ground first. She then stood and did as he told her. He did it with her. She made it about 2 feet off the ground before she got excited and stopped flapping. Demetri smiled.

“I did the same thing. You need to not stop flapping until you are high enough off the ground to more glide, even then you will have to occasionally flap to sustain height. But, when you do make sure they are fully extended or else you will gain speed and more than likely nose dive into the ground. Which at least to me sounds painful, it already feels strange ramming into the ground cuz you can’t land right. I have in fact gotten to know some of these bushes, up close and personal. So why don’t we try to go a little higher.”

Demetri set his footing and jumped off the ground and fluttered somewhere around 10 or so feet from the ground. Kit followed suit and smiled when they went back to the ground. She was learning fast. Then Demetri took her up above the trees to where flying actually took place. She instructed as they flew including to lean forward to glide. He put her in a circular path and watched Kit’s face raise into a huge smile. She looked completely intoxicated with the sky. He then told her how to decrease the altitude without face planting. For once, he didn’t crash land but Kit actually crashed into him. They both laughed and tangled some. Demetri luckily already had his wings tucked in. Kit sat up with her head spinning.

“Well that was fun. Defiantly a rocky ending though, as well as that is not as easy as birds make it look. You got it right though,” Kit said laughing down at Demetri who was still shocked from the fact he got pile drived by a falling Kit.

“That was the first time I had ever not crash landed… But then, you had to go and fall on me,” Demetri said pushing her back over.