The Dreams By: Kourtney Cherry Chapter 3 (end of 3)

They pulled out the food and began to eat. Birds flew over head and Demetri watched closely on how they flew. Then he threw a piece of bread on the ground and watched a bird soar down to get it. He watched how the bird started and how he actually landed. It seemed so easy to watch. The thing was to watch. Doing it yourself isn’t as easy, especially when he has problems concentrating.

          “It is amazing up there,” Demetri said to Kit.

          “Well I will know soon enough,” Kit said putting her hand on his shoulder. “I am going with you. I want to join you and go as well. It should be an adventure.”

          “You do know once you do you can’t change your mind. I don’t want you to do anything you don’t wanna do.”

          “Demetri, I am sure. I will stay with you the whole way. You are the only one who has always been there for me. My turn. I want to go. Plus I want a pair of those awesome wings. Though as I said before, maybe not pure white wings. You know those make you look like an angel. When you fly you look like you don’t have a care in the world.”

          “I don’t. When I fly the world seems all great. It is very nice. It does give you a kind of free feeling. Well I guess you will find out. Do you wanna stay here the whole week or do you wanna go back early,” Demetri asked.

          “Well I don’t think you should be here all week with those. So maybe tomorrow?”

          “I guess so. Do you wanna head back then to get stuff packing and tell Kroll?”

          “Sure, what all do I need?”

          “Some clothes maybe and your treasured belongings,” Demetri said.

          “Ok, wanna race?”

          “Na, I keep falling. Maybe tomorrow at the mansion I will just try to run and keep up.” Kit folded everything up and Demetri helped her back up onto Byline. He ran as fast as he could fluttering every now and again. When they got back to the stable they took Byline to his stable room. They feed him a sugar cube and walked out. They strolled back to the car in silence looking at the trees. He then quickly ran into the car.

          When they got back to the apartment they both gawked at the room. It was unbelievably clean. Not a spot on the ground.

          “Hello sir, did you have a nice afternoon?”

          “Yes I did. The apartment looks amazing Kroll,” Demetri said.

          “Well living where I do we are expected t be able to clean like this. I am glad you are happy with it,” Kroll said.

          “Oh Kroll, I have decided I want to return tomorrow,” Demetri said.

          “And, I would like to come along as well. I would like to be a part of this as well. Plus some wings to go along with it,” Kit said to Kroll.

          “I will get the Misses on the phone right now,” he said walking away.

          “The Misses?”

          “That is Dr. Jacquelyn Venenza, also known as Jack. She is the scientist, and the wife. Her husband is Dr. Eli Venenza. But, you will learn that soon enough. So I guess I better help you at your house on packing?”

          “Na, I got it. But, I will be back here when I am done. See you in a little bit. So since I am gonna be coming here can I have the key code,” Kit asked.