Chapter 7

Ok so this chapter took a while to write, cause I wanted to get the dialogue as close to the movie as possible, and also just get the sewer exploration scene correct in general. But it's done, and ready (Reddie) for you guys to read! Also I noticed that I've been spelling "Gretta" wrong this whole time. According to the cast on IMDb, there's two "t"s not one. I feel dumb. I'm probably just gonna keep it with one "t" cause it looks right to me, but if anyone wants me to change it, just tell me and I will.

There's just one thing.

Almost 250 reads?! What?! I know that's not necessarily a lot, but to me it is, so thank you so much to whoever has taken the time to read this story!

Note: Please don't kill me if any of the dialogue is wrong/missing

———

Word Count: 907

"That's poison ivy. That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy." Stan spoke.

"Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley!" Richie taunted his friend, who was clearly paranoid.

(Y/N) turned around, and walked towards the entrance, following Bill inside, Richie close behind them. The three of them had their flashlights on, scanning the "water" for anything suspicious.

"What...w-where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asked, watching his friends warily.

"Nowhere." replied Richie.

"Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy, and I'm pretty sure this is not the m—"

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"

"Yeah, sometimes."

"Then you probably have crabs."

"That's so not funny."

Richie turned around. "Aren't you guys coming in?"

"Uh-uh. That's grey water." Eddie said.

"What the hell's grey water?"

"It's basically...piss and shit. So I'm just tellin' you. You guys are walking around in millions of gallons of Derry pee...so..."

(Y/N) cringed, wanting to leave the sewer immediately. She stopped and turned around to look at the other boys, when she saw Richie pick up a stick from the grey water.

"What're you—? Are...are you serious?" Eddie questioned, a disgusted look on his face.

"Doesn't smell like caça to me señor." Richie retorted, using one of his voices.

"Have you ever heard of a staph infection?"

"Oh I'll show you a staph infection."

"This is so unsanitary. You're literally...this is literally like swimming inside a toilet bowl right now."

(Y/N) saw Stan roll his eyes, clearly done with the boys' shit. She chuckled to herself; this was why she loved the Losers with all her heart: they joked around all the time, and we're like the family she wished she had.

"You're the reason we're in this position right now. 'Cause you're—"

"Guys!" Bill called, cutting Richie off. The four kids faced him, and saw that he was shining his flashlight on a small, white sneaker.

"Don't tell me that's..." Stan trailed off.

Eddie looked over at his curly-haired friend.

"No." Bill replied, "Juh-juh-juh-Georgie wore galoshes."

Richie and (Y/N) walked over to Bill, examine the shoe closer.

"Who's sneaker is it?" Eddie asked, still refusing to go into the sewer.

Richie turned to him. "It's Betty Ripsom's."

"What if she's still here?" Stan's voice was laced with fear.

"Oh shit. Oh god. Oh fuck! I don't like this." Eddie cried.

"How do you think Betty feels...running through these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie laughed, hopping on one foot.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, as she and Bill turned around to venture deeper into the sewers.

"Eddie, come on!" Richie called, following (Y/N) and Bill.

"My mom will have an aneurysm, okay, if she finds out that we're playing down here. I'm serious."

My parents would flip if they found out I was exploring the sewers. (Y/N) thought.

"Bill?" Their hypochondriac friend asked.

Bill, Richie, and (Y/N) looked back at their friends.

"If...if I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me." Bill said, "Juh-juh-Georgie, too."

(Y/N) frowned a bit. She and the Losers tended to forget that Bill believed that his baby brother (A/N: my smol bean Georgie that did not deserve death) and all the other missing kids, like Betty Ripsom and Ed Corcoran, were still alive.

"What if i don't wanna find them?" Eddie asked, "I mean...no offense Bill, but I don't wanna end up like Ge—"

He paused for a second or two. (Y/N) thought that Bill was going to yell at him, but before he got to do so, Eddie finished his sentence.

"I don't wanna go missing either."

Suddenly, the group was interrupted by splashing from outside of the sewer.

They rushed outside to see a boy—Ben Hanscom, a new kid from (Y/N) and Bev's English class—standing in the river, doubled over. (Y/N) gasped when she saw the a small patch of his t-shirt was stained with fresh blood. She was about ready to slap the bitch that hurt poor Ben.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Richie asked the boy when he got out the sewer.

Ben explained that Henry Bowers and his friends had got him on Kissing Bridge, and Henry had started to engrave his name on his stomach. Bowers was only able to get an "H" in, as Ben managed to kick him and duck out from under the other boys' grips, tumble down a hill, and run down the river. (A/N: I'm not sure if this is really what happened, but I'm just gonna go with it)

(Y/N) was shocked, and wanted to punch Henry Bowers ugly face (A/N: Nick is actually really cute, so I personally disagree wth this statement, but hey, I guess it makes sense to include it...idk).

The boys started talking about what to do to help Ben, but (Y/N) tuned them out. She was too pissed off at Henry for injuring Ben. She looked up the river, and in the direction Ben had come from, to check if anyone from the Bowers' gang was watching them or on their way.

But what she saw instead terrified her. It was something she hadn't seen for a month. Something she had only seen in her nightmares.

Standing twenty-some feet away from her, was Pennywise the Dancing Clown.