Chapter 1

This is my first fanfic, so sorry if this sucks.

———

Word Count: 762

"Come on, (Y/N), are still seriously upset about that? You know that Pauline was just joking, right? She's not actually with him; she only said that to get you all riled up." (Y/N)'s very close friend, Beverly Marsh, was standing outside of the only closed door in the girl's bathroom. She had been trying to convince her friend to come out of the stall and talk to her face-to-face.

But (Y/N) had refused, muttering something about not leaving till Pauline apologized for lying about dating her crush—who happened to be no one other than, Bill Denbrough, known to many as "Stuttering Bill"—and starting the rumor about their non-existent fight.

Pauline Jackson knew how much (Y/N) liked Bill; the two had been friends at one time, sharing secrets they wouldn't tell anyone else (take for example (Y/N)'s crush on Bill); but that all went down the drain, when Pauline was dating one of the school's fuckboys, and started to spread a rumor about (Y/N) getting into a fight with her about who she could and couldn't date. This rumor did a have a ring of truth to it, though. It was true that (Y/N) disagreed with Pauline's choice of who she was dating, but the young girl had never actually confronted Pauline about this. She did, however, voice her concerns one time about how she thought that her friend should think about, just maybe, seeing someone else.

(Y/N) was now regretting telling her former friend her opinion on her boyfriend, as she was now paying for it in the only way Pauline could think of: tell everyone that she was dating (Y/N) (L/N)'s crush-since-who-knows-when, Bill Denbrough. The reveal of (Y/N)'s then-secret crush, caused ripples of shock to run throughout the school.

Both (Y/N) and Bill were mortified, not knowing how to react to this incorrect information. Bill knew that, for sure, he and Pauline weren't dating, since the two didn't even know each other that well. (Y/N) on the other hand, thought that Pauline and Bill were dating, and started to wonder if all those times Pauline couldn't hang out with her, was because she was with Bill. Her heart stopped when she heard Pauline announced to their English class—in which there was a substitute, who was asleep at the time (A/N: there's always that one sub smh)—that she was "with 'Stuttering Bill'" and that (Y/N) was jealous of her for hooking up with the boy she had "dreamt about dating for what felt like forever", to quote the girl exactly.

All of this drama had caused (Y/N) to leave the room, and head to the only place she knew she could go to: the girl's bathroom (A/N: strange place, I know, but where else could you go without getting in trouble?). The bathroom was very close to the girl's English class, in fact, they were right next to each other.

It was to here that (Y/N) ran to, her close friend Beverly, who was also in (Y/N) and Pauline's English class, followed closely behind the girl, hoping to keep her from doing something reckless and getting herself hurt. Bill, who was not in the girls' English class, did not learn about the rumors till he was walking out of the school, and heard some kids that had been there when Pauline chattered happily about her "relationship" with him.

It was also here, that Beverly tried desperately to get her to realize that Pauline was lying.

"(Y/N), please come out," Beverly sighed, leaning her head against her forearm, which was pressed against the closed door.

There was no reply from the girl, who was crouched against the wall, with tears in her eyes, other than a quiet, stifled sob.

"Okay then." Beverly said quietly, "if you're not gonna listen to me, I'm gonna go back to class."

"Wait." (Y/N) spoke barely above a whisper, "Wait." she repeated, louder this time, "D-don't go."

Beverly smiled, even though her friend couldn't see. She told her friend to dry her tears, and "toughen up a bit."

The stall door opened, and out came (Y/N), her face devoid of any signs she had been crying. Beverly and (Y/N) exchanged smiles, and left the bathroom, hand-in-hand, heading back to their English class, in which a she-devil named Pauline waited for the two girls to return.