Chapter 2

Sorry this took a while to put up. I've been busy with school and trying to get this chapter right. Anyway, I hope that this chapter is as good as the last one!

———

Word Count: 381

That day, after the final bell had rung, (Y/N) and Beverly had walked out of the school together, and to the bike rack. They chatted a bit about a Pauline had always been a bitch, as they biked to the library to study for an upcoming math test (A/N: just go with it).

When they arrived at the library, the girls sat down at a table near a bookshelf and some other empty tables. Their study session wasn't anything special.  At first, the two friends did some practice problems and quizzed each other—the usual stuff—when they looked at the time; it was almost 6:45 in the evening.

 "Shit!" (Y/N) said, "My parents'll kill me if I'm late!"

"Crap! I forgot about the curfew!" Bev whispered loudly, packing up her books as (Y/N) followed suit.

The girls quickly rushed outside, where their bikes had been waiting patiently for them at the small bike rack in front of the building, mounted them, and headed home as fast as they could.

When (Y/N) arrived home at exactly 6:59, she sighed (A/N: in the movie, and I think the book, the curfew in Derry is at 7pm). She dropped her bike off in the garage, and walked up the steps to her porch. She took her house keys out of her pocket, and unlocked the door.

Once inside, (Y/N) ran upstairs to her room, and dropped off her stuff. She hopped into the shower, hoping that when her parents got home, they would think she had been there for a few hours. Half an hour later, after her parents had come home, she went downstairs to get a light dinner. As she opened the fridge door, she heard her parents talking on the front porch.

"...things have been pretty crazy in the last year or so; with all these kids disappearing, that is." her dad was saying.

"I wish all this killing would stop." her mother replied wistfully.

(Y/N)'s parents continued talking as she ate a snack. An hour or so later, she got tired and went up to her room.

That night, (Y/N) had a dream, a very strange dream. One with Beverly Marsh, Pauline Jackson, a very strange clown, and...Bill Denbrough.