Chapter 6

This is definitely one of the longer chapters, but I hope that's okay with you guys. Idk I just think that the best things do is have one long chapter that covers the last day of school for the Losers and also starts (kinda) towards the beginning of the movie, which is what I'm basing this book on. At first I thought that it'd be cool to base it off the book, but I'm still reading the book, and I actually know more about the plot of the movie, even though I haven't seen it yet (it's bullshit I know). Plus trying to base it off of the book might get an it confusing. Also, a bit of the dialogue from the movie might be different or not added, purely because, like I just said, I haven't seen the movie yet. I'll try my best to add what I think is the most important to have.

Anyway, that's enough of the boring stuff (for now). Time for the story!

———

Word Count: 1,028

Before (Y/N) knew it, the last bell the school year rang. She walked out of her History class with Bill by her side.

Over the past month, the two had grown close. (Y/N)'s crush on Bill had deepened; Bill on the other hand was just starting to admit to himself that he had feelings for her, too.

The rumor Pauline had spread was never confirmed or denied, and even though a multitude of students had said that it wasn't true, there were still people that believed and spread it further throughout Derry. Somehow, though, the rumor never met the ears of Derry's adults.

They walked over to their lockers; Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak—two of Bill's friends that (Y/N) had known for only a little while—caught up with them. They all chatted happily, as (Y/N) and Bill cleaned out their lockers. A few minutes later, the four friends started to walk down the hallway. Stanley Uris joined the group, as the boys were talking about his bar-mitzvah.

"Hey, have you guys seen Bev?" the lone girl in the group asked.

There was no reply. They probably couldn't hear me. She thought.

She was just about to repeat her question, when Greta Bowie—a rich, preppy (A/N: I pretty sure Greta is rich and preppy) girl that bullied Bev—and Pauline Jackson walked right in front of her and her friends, heading into the girl's bathroom.

(Y/N) tapped Bill on the shoulder. "I'm gonna go see what Greta and Pauline are doing."

He nodded and told the others where (Y/N) was going. The boys promised that they would wait in front of the school, until she met up with them again, to explore the sewers—the last place a lot of the missing children like Georgie Denbrough and Betty Ripsom had last been seen.

(Y/N) then hurried after Greta and Pauline.

What she heard, rather than saw, was Greta yelling at a girl behind a closed stall door. The girl, she soon found out, was none other than Bev; the two bullies had called her a "slut" and "a piece of shit". What (Y/N) did see, however, was Greta saying that Bev was was trash, and that they "just wanted to remind [her]"; as she said this, Pauline dumped a trash-and-water-filled trash bag into the stall.

(Y/N) was mad. No, she was furious. She wanted to slap Greta and Pauline right across their bitch-ass faces (A/N: this is literally how I fell about these girls; I just wanna slap them). She thought about screaming and attacking Greta, but knew that she would probably be pummeled by all of the girls' minions in the bathroom, plus she'd be humiliated. But instead of doing this, she stood there in shock and teeming with anger, hating every atom that made up Greta and Pauline, as the mob of girls exited the bathroom.

The second they left, (Y/N) rushed over to the bathroom stall that Bev was in. At the exact second she was about to knock on the door, the lock clicked and the door opened.

"(Y/N)? Wh-what are you doing here?" Bev asked, bewildered. She was surprised to find her best friend standing wide-eyed in front of her.

"I saw Greta and Pauline come in here, and then I saw them dump trash on you." She admitted, looking down at the tiled floor. "Sorry I didn't stop them. I was too shocked and angry to do anything."

"It's fine. Besides, Greta and Pauline's minions probably would've been on you before you could do anything. No offense."

"None taken. Anyway, we should get going, I told the Losers that I'd meet up with them in front of the school. We're gonna go explore the sewers to try to find the missing kids. You can join us if you'd like."

"Oh, I'd love to, but my dad told me that he wanted me home right after school ended. He also changed my curfew—again," she sighed and shook her head sadly, "Now I have to be home at 5:45 instead of 6. It sucks."

"Ok, well, I guess I'll see tomorrow then. Bye, Bevvie."

"Bye, (N/N)."

(Y/N) sighed as she walked out of the bathroom; she and Bev didn't use the nicknames they had given each other in quite a while, two years, at the least.

Her feet carried her through the lightly-crowded hall, down the steps, and out the main entrance to the school. (A/N: this all took close to ten minutes, probably a bit less than that."

As (Y/N) exited the building, she stopped by the bike rack, and picked up her bike. She walked it down towards where her friends were looking at a car, that was owned by Belch from the Bower's gang; it sped away from the school.

"Hi guys!" She called, as she reached the boys, waking them out of their temporary stupor.

"Hi (Y-y-/N)." Bill replied. "You r-ready?" (A/N: or should I say "Are you Reddie?"...no? Okay, sorry. I needed to subtly establish the fact that I ship Reddie...and Fack...ANYWAY!! Back to story!)

The boys took turns filling her in on what happened: Henry Bowers and his friends Belch, Victor, and Patrick, had bullied them (again) after the five of them had finished dumping their books into the trash cans ("A stupid idea, really." (Y/N) had commented).

She nodded, getting on her bike, the boys doing the same. The five friends biked down towards sewers, briefly stopping at (Y/N)'s house so she could get the supplies she had packed that morning, and drop off her books (she wasn't willing to carelessly trash them like her friends had done).

The Losers soon arrived at the sewer entrance. They let their bikes fall to the leaf-strewn ground; (Y/N) mimicked Bill, and grabbed her flashlight from her bag, which she had set down next to her bike. As she did this, she heard friends voices from behind her.