Chapter 4

I usually don't publish two chapters in one day, but, if I'm correct (or should I say "Kee-rect?"...sorry I had to) someone *cough* @-qtliebeher *cough* wanted me to publish the next chapter today. So  I told myself "Why the hell not?", played the It soundtrack and 5Sos on Spotify, and started to write.

This took me a little while, so I hope that it lives up to the others!

———

Word Count: 668

     (Y/N) bolted upright, gasping for air. She sat in her bed, her blanket twisted around her legs. She looked around her darkened room half expecting Pennywise the Dancing Clown to jump out and kill her.

It was the same nightmare as earlier. She thought, trying to calm down. She could have sworn that Pennywise was just squeezing the air from her lungs, her chest tightening from the lack of air, as black spots started to dance at the edge of her eyes. Instead, she had fallen asleep and her mind had drifted to the nightmare she had experienced earlier.

For the second time that night (or morning) she turned on her bedroom light; once her eyes adjusted to the light, she glanced at her clock. It was 6 am. She lay in her bed thinking about the strange dream she had experienced, as well as the rumor going around school (that she would soon have to deal with), for a good ten to fifteen minutes.

Deciding that she had waited long enough to actually get up, (Y/N) crawled out of bed, and walked over to her closet. She opened the door, and grabbed one of her sweaters from off of its hanger, and also a pair of shorts and socks from the dresser next to her closet.

Once she had finished changing, she walked out of her room and to the bathroom. She brushed her hair, then left. She carefully walked past her parents room, then headed downstairs to eat breakfast. An hour or so later she grabbed her backpack and bike, and headed to school.

During the day, (Y/N) had to deal with Pauline and the rumor, trying not to say anything about her nightmare to Bev—at least not until after school, and her big math test, which she knew she failed. On top of that, (Y/N) had a boat load of homework, even though school would be over in less than a month, plus, she was paired up with none other than Bill for an end of the year History project.

When her teacher said that she and Bill would be paired up, (Y/N) was stunned. She figured that it couldn't be coincidence—her dream and now this project having one thing in common: Bill was present and involved in both.

She and Bill sat next to each other in the back row of desks in the classroom; in fact, they were seated next each other.

Once they had been paired up, (Y/N) and Bill's eyes met. A light blush colored both of their cheeks. They soon started to chat with each other about the project—something neither one of them were too sure about how to start or complete—and also learning a bit about each other in the process.

All too soon, the bell rang, signaling the end of 6th period and also the school for the week (A/N: I don't know if the amount of classes per school day has changed since 1989, so I decided to stick to 6 classes per day, since that's how many I had when I was in middle school. I was originally thinking about doing 4 classes and having them be an hour and twenty minutes, since that's how long my high school classes are. Anyway, you're probably bored by now, so I'll just shut up and left you finish the chapter); (Y/N) met Bev at their lockers near her and Bill's History class, and started for the stairs, when Bill tapped her on the shoulder. (Y/N) turned around, blushing.

"We're meeting up at the l-library this weekend, ruh-right?" Bill stuttered, his hands fidgeting.

"Yeah." (Y/N) smiled warmly. "Bev and I are gonna head over there right now. Do you wanna bike over with us?"

"S-s-sure. Thanks." He looked down for a second, blushing then followed the two girls as they made their way towards the stairs and out of the school.