Chapter 25 - Party Favours

CHAPTER 25

The crowd went wild as Hayes finished his thirty-two counts. As their celebration of him died down, they began to chant my name, encouraging my next mood. We were in round four now, and sweat was dripping down my stomach and ears.

I rotated my shoulders to stretch them, and twisted my head too. I wasn't sure what my next move would be, but it had to be enough to make him trip up in round five. The song was Party Favours by Tinashe. Hayes had already pulled out his best moves before round three, and since he was limited to pop and lock, he couldn't adapt to the song styles as well. I opened with classic dance trends, cause I knew they got the crowd interested, and then I transitioned to more of a dance-hall style when Nicki came on. Since I was one of the only people with an ass for miles, the crowd was easily impressed with my ability to move it. Now, it was time to use the sex appeal of the song to bring it home.

I slowly walked into the circle as the intro played. People watched, anticipating for my first move. People even chewed on their finger nails with eyes wide, and I could tell who they were rooting for. The first beat landed, and without warning I made my first move: a hard-hitting forward body roll towards my right leg, leaving me the perfect transition into two left-leg twists. The crowd went insane, and Hayes looked nervous. I felt more normal and unafraid than I had in weeks.

See shawty over there, bitch looking at me, she kinda cute, Tinashe sang. I pointed and leaned forward with my best stank face on, then leaned back into a squat as I bent my arms, felt my body up to my neck with my hands, and popped at each word and snare crack.

As if the crowd couldn't get any louder, the cheers turned into "ohs" and "whats". What I had planned next was the moment I'd crush Hayes' dreams. I almost thought about going easy on him, but I remembered my Religion lesson about the value of suffering. Destroying him in this round would be for his own good.

In my next moves, I had motivators. I thought about beating out Darcy for dance captain next year, I thought about winning Argus, I thought about showing Hope that her hair flips were no match for my hair whips, I thought about what Darren lost, and I thought about what I needed to prove to myself.

You are worth everything you will get, and you will get the best.

The sensual falsetto of the pre chorus gave me the impulse to attempt a double pirouette. I only succeeded in a spin and a half, and once I realized I couldn't save myself I jumped out of it. As quick and smoothly as possible, I shifted from on both feet to on both knees with my head and chest thrown back. My hair whipped full-circle like the slow-mo moment in a Step Up movie. I felt beads of sweat fly back with it.

The cheers of the crowd hadn't stopped, and I wasn't ready to either. My next move was for the boys.

On my hands and knees I bent forward slightly and curved my back as much as possible, twisting my hips slowly and popping them at the snare. Then I rolled with my legs over until I was standing again. This part was to give the audience a chance to breath.

The chorus rang out, with nothing but the bass chords left. This was the time to speak to the audience around me. I chose to target Hayes.

Looking him dead in the eye, I walked towards him to the melody of the instrumental. Then I placed my arm straight and rested it on his shoulder. His eyes widened in shock when I pulled his body into mine in an instant and twisted my body back for him to catch me. After a few counts he pulled me up from the dip and I turned to face away from him, keeping my body against the poor, quivering kid's. My finale was approaching, and I needed a few moments to think, so I simply leaned over slightly and quickly shook my thighs, 'twerking like Miley' as the crowd would say.