Chapter 1 - Six Pack

The Metamorphosis Diaries

CHAPTER 1

I must confess that it wasn't exactly my lack of self-esteem that caused me to turn into some teenage sex pistol with no safety. It was more of an epiphany; a realization that it definitely wasn't my looks that was turning guys off from me. I had already gone through my transitional stage from awkward with a chance of muffin top to the famous butterfly stage (my metamorphosis of puberty), but that didn't mean I went from manly-looking monster to man-eater. With that only came more questions, though. Was it my dominance in social situations that made people intimidated by me? Or was it the lack of a filter that made me seem "un-lady like"? Did I laugh to loud? Were my strong opinions perceived as a cry for attention?

Then I decided something. I would stop worrying about stupid things like what guys thought of me, and focus on making high school pass as fast as possible. Because once I was out, doing me and working on my career, people would be fighting for a spot next to me at the metaphorical "cool table" that is life.

So what did that mean for me? That meant finding the full potential in the power of my femininity and using it for good. One day, I want to tell this story, and show other caterpillars that there is more to sexy than sex, more to beautiful than beauty, and more to life than high school.

My name is Virvanna, and this is my metamorphosis diary.

It all started at the Semi-Formal of my junior year, when I was given a chance to show off my newfound self-love. I had the perfect dress picked out. It made the depth of my skin tone look as rich as a chocolate fountain, and the curves I had woken up with 2 years ago were able to get a chance to come out and play.

I was always so jealous of girls at my school for being skinny and pale, with perfect hair and strong legs. Now I can't even begin to compare myself to them because I see how beautiful my differences are. For example, they may have nice, long legs, but I got a big ass, and that goes a long way between the sheets. The only thing about being a curvy girl is that you don't look get in anything unless it shows off the fact that you HAVE curves. So a V-neck shirt and pencil skirt haul was very necessary in my egotistical transition.

My best friend, Arden was also in her own transition of self-love. She was almost 5"11 with untameable curls and a size 0 figure. She always complained about having small boobs and no butt, but I explained to her that a figure like hers is considered god-like in the fashion industry.

I was always there for Arden. Whether I was helping her with her makeup, getting rid of a stalker ex-crush, or figuring out her sexual orientation (which I was MORE than happy to help with). When high school started, we both realized we needed each other. She was pretty much my clone, but white and 60 pounds lighter.

Anyways. Semi-formal.

Embarrassingly enough, my dad drove us both into semi together, and INSISTED on walking us in. I tried my best to pay no attention to him, and focused on walking in the neon-yellow pumps I was wearing.

Yes, neon yellow.

Once inside the dance, Arden and I searched for our seats. They weren't hard to find, since my friend Selena's boyfriend, Moe, was around 6"1 with over-gelled blonde hair. Like usual, they were sitting next to each other, awkwardly holding hands.

Arden and I took our seats next to them; giving brief greetings, mine including the words "bitch" and "Best-Friend Stealer McLoserPants". Insults were how we showed love (except for when it came to me and Moe, fuck him).

I looked around the room to examine what other girls were wearing. 30% were wearing rompers dressed with floral chiffon or sequins (something I did last year), or they were wearing skinny fit dresses with over-straightened hair.