Run

I always felt drawn to the woods: secluded, beautiful, and silent. Perfect for taking pictures, too. It was actually
the best place in Derry, in my opinion. This is how I ended up lounging on a tree branch, watching the scenery in the middle of the forest on a Saturday.
I caught movement on the corner of my eye, shifting my head and I caught a dazzling red cardinal perched on a nearby twig. I carefully whipped out my Polaroid , avoiding any noise that could scare it off. I lifted the camera up to my eye, sitting perfectly still,  attempting to get the perfect shot. My finger was slowly pressing down on the button, when I heard a sudden gun fire that made me jump backwards.
    I screamed a string of curses as I lost my balance and slipped out of the tree. My back hit the forest floor, sending a wave of pain through my nerves; luckily, my camera broke my fall(note the sarcasm).
   The Polaroid I spent weeks saving money for was now in pieces, crushed by my weight. However, my irritation was replaced by horror as I caught sight of the cardinal lying next to me...with its fucking head blown off. What the hell.
     That's when my ears perked at the sound of voices in the distance.
    "I'm telling you I heard a scream," A voice said.
    "I heard it," Another spoke.
    I couldn't really place the voices with a face, but they did sound like teenage boys; and what other kids in Derry spent their time shooting off guns and causing havoc? The fucking Bower's gang. I'm so fucking dead.
    I scurried up, another stab of pain washed over me and I hissed. I quickly grabbed my bag and was about to make an escape when I heard a voice behind me.
    "Well who do we have here?" One  said mockingly. "I told ya I heard a voice."
   I slowly turned around to place the words to the sinister face of Patrick Hockstetter. Shit.
   "What are you doing all alone out here, hot stuff?" Henry questioned, a wicked smirk on his features.
     I gulped. I was a deer caught in headlights. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, a "fight or flight" sense taking over. And what did I do? I fucking hauled ass.
    I could hear the yells and crashing foot steps of the four boys close behind me. They may be bigger, badder, and a hell of a lot stronger, but when you think you're probably gonna be lit on fire by a pyromaniac, or drowned in the river by a sociopath with daddy issues, or just plain beat to death by four angry boys, your body goes into over drive.
I hopped over logs, dodged trees, and ducked under branches, not even paying attention to the thorn bushes that thrashed and ripped at my skin. The boys behind me were laughing and screaming at me.
"Where you going, cupcake?" Patrick's voice rang out.
"We just wanna talk!" Victor yelled mockingly, sending the others into a fit of giggles, their laughter echoing in the silence.
I was barley paying attention when I nearly flung myself off of the cliff that led to the body of water below. I skidded to a stop. I might've jumped, if it wasn't so damn high. I needed to jump, and I needed to do it quick; their voices were getting closer.
I tried to build the courage, I truly did, but whenever I peaked over the edge my vision began to spin. I heard the bushes behind me rustle and out stepped the four boys I dreaded seeing. Shit.
"You run pretty fast, for a girl," Bowers said, stepping closer. I disregarded the backhanded comment due to the nauseous feeling rising in my gut. I tried to step back, but my foot was right on the ledge. I gulped.
"What? You not gonna jump?" Patrick laughed, also growing closer. "Afraid of heights?" He was practically right in front of me now.
"H-how about you guys just let me go?" I stuttered, taking a peak at the water below. I figured pleading was futile, but it didn't hurt to try. Maybe these boys had some soul left in the sad little cavity where their heart should be.
"Now, where's the fun in that?" Patrick asked, trailing his hand over a cut on my neck, probably from one of the many thorn bushes I had ran directly into. He took his pointer finger, now coated with my
blood, and he stuck it in his mouth. I shivered : this motherfucker is crazy.
"You taste good," he said, a wicked emotion gleaming in his eyes. " tell you what, one kiss, and we'll let you go," he said with a sick smirk that made my stomach churn.
He gripped my collar, pulling me closer, "What's it gonna be, cutie?" He whispered maliciously in my ear. I wanted to gag.
I suddenly brought my mouth closer to his ear, catching him off guard, "In your dreams, Cockstetter," I breathed, pushing myself off the ledge, bringing a ticked off and now startled Patrick with me.
I screamed all the way down, plunging into the water. Knowing Patrick would probably try and drown me after the stunt I just pulled, I hurried to the surface. I quickly pushed myself to land and I heard angry screaming behind me.
"I'm gonna fucking kill you, you bitch!" The now drenched boy seethed. Fortunately for me, he landed farther away from shore than I did.
I pulled myself out of the water and was about to dash into the forest again, before I gave them one last look.
"Whatever, just watch out for the leeches, pal. This place is crawling with em'."
I gave a Cheshire smile at the widening of Patrick's eyes. My smile got even bigger as I heard him screeching curses in the distance as I ran away. Who knew big bad Patrick was afraid of a little leeches?

AN: Part two? Requests are also open!