⊲⎮CHAPTER:58'SO SHINE BRIGHT, LIKE THE DIAMOND YOU ARE'⎮⊳

Start from the beginning

I stayed silent, walked straight to the bench and sat right beside him. The smell of the cigarette he was smoking irritated me and urged me to return to my room. But the urge of getting my answers was more powerful.

"Why are you doing all of it?"

"All of what?"

"Hurting everyone that loves you, why?" My voice sounded pleading and not demanding as I wished for it to sound.

He scoffed, "the only person that loved me died twenty years ago."

I didn't expect this answer from him.

"Mom loved you."

"If she loved me, she would've understood me, given me some time to figure myself out," he answered, putting the cigarette back into his mouth.

"She still loves you, Richard. You just pushed her away. How do you expect a wife to behave when she gets to know her husband is cheating on her since years? You think she would be understanding? You think she would be willing to give her husband time to figure himself out?

Her husband shouldn't have cheated in the first place if he cared for her. And for two years? He must've been really heartless. The wife is bound to demand divorce. Nobody can live with a guy like her husband." I finished, clapping for myself inside my head.

Richard stared at me with wide eyes. Was it just me or did he really got speechless the second time in a day when talking to me?

"Stop blaming others for where you are now. It is because of only one person, and that is you, yourself. Why are you even here? Why aren't you with your other wife or girlfriend whatever she is? If I were you, I'd at least be faithful to one of them," suggesting this, I prepared myself for his yelling.

But when he laughed, it surprised everything inside me. "I was so disgusting, even she left me. She isn't with me anymore, you hear that?! She left me alone! Even though I loved her and gave her everything, it wasn't enough for her! She fucking left me!" He shouted, bitterly staring at me with eyes full of anger.

"Yet you don't understand how it is like to have no one love you. Yet you don't get it that how broken you are when you can't be with people you love, Richard. And I don't think a man like you will ever understand that."

He hissed, "I didn't love her. I don't love anyone."

"I wanted an answer to why you do what you do. And after talking to you I now understand. It's because you don't have a heart at all." With that I stood up from the bench and started to walk back.

"I'm not heartless. I'm just smarter than you. My happiness does not depend on anyone else. You should learn to do that too. I'm making you learn, you're on your way. You might hate me for-"

"Hate is an understatement."

"Learning to live without people you love isn't a choice. It's a necessity. And no matter what you want, what you do, what you think, I'll make sure you get married to Lucas in two days. You've to learn," he finished, having that cigarette placed in his mouth again.

"You're crazy, you're insane," I shook my head with tears burning my eyes. "I hate you much already. Don't say things to make me hate you even more. . . ."