⊲⎮CHAPTER:58'SO SHINE BRIGHT, LIKE THE DIAMOND YOU ARE'⎮⊳

Start from the beginning

Silence followed. "I wish your pathetic business ends and turns to ashes! That's what you deserve, you fucking prick! I wish you end, you life-ruiner!"

"Shut the fuck up! What has gotten into you, Victoria?" He barked back at Mom, making me flinch at the intensity of his roar.

"I won't shut up! Do whatever you can! I will fight you! You won't free me? I'll have law on my side! I want divorce, without any further delay!" Mom's shout echoed around the room. I wanted to go see what was actually going on but I was afraid to do so.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! It's our daughter's wedding in what? Two days. And look at you! Go to your room and do not disturb me. I already have a lot on my mind. I have no time for your shit!"

"You asshole, I want divorce, now! You talk about daughter? What daughter? Is it the same daughter you didn't remember the name of? Are-" a slap was what silenced Mom. A gasp left my mouth. Not feeling scared to face Richard anymore, I ran to the living room, searching for Mom. I realized, she had already ran off to her room.

A wicked smile formed on Richard's face as he looked at me. "How are you?"

"Very well Dad," I smiled back. "However, the only person not well, is you," I continued, pursing my lips together. It was clear that he had drunk a lot. The reek could be smelled even at the far distance I was standing from him.

If he could slap Mom, he wouldn't hesitate one bit in slapping me. But I was not scared, I was ready to face whatever he would put forward for me. "Next time, before slapping my mother, think of the consequences. It doesn't matter if you don't consider me your daughter, I still am your blood and can be as much of a pain as you are!"

Wow. I feel like clapping for myself. I left him speechless. Wow.

Without hearing a reply from him, I climbed up the stairs and knocked on my parent's bedroom door, softly. "Mom, are you in-"

"I need some time alone," she didn't let me finish.

"But Mom, you-," I tried to argue but it didn't work, when she let out a, "please, Sophia."

With that I left for my room. I had decided to be strong, but it didn't help my lack of appetite or sleep. In fact it decreased them even more.

Balcony being my favourite place, always got a chance of holding me with it the whole night. That night was no different than any other one. It was dark, and lonely. My habit of staying outside until the sun showed had become quite frequent.

A presence in the garden caught my eye. Confused, I tried to make out who was the figure sitting at the bench. It didn't take me long to realize it was no one else but Richard.

I remained standing there, staring at his back, thinking of why he does what he does. Wondering, what is his gain in hurting people who love him. Not knowing what took over me, I made my way downstairs.

I walked all the way to that bench, Richard was sitting on. I needed my answers. He might've sensed someone walking towards him and snapped his head in my direction.

It was then that I noticed a cigarette in his hands. "Why are you here? I didn't hit your mother again," he grumbled under his breath. But it was loud enough for me to understand it.