A day to remember

A few years later

Today was a special day for China. Many people were going to be there. However, there was one person currently freaking out.

"AHHHHHH, ALYA. HELP ME. Do you think he will like it? Is the dress too much? Do I look fat? What if he leaves me when he sees me?"
"Gurl please, you're giving me a headache and we haven't even gotten you onto the aisle."
"Hehe, sorry, but how do I look?"
"Gorgeous as always. Adrien will be jumping on clouds when he sees you."
"Really?"
"Yes Mari, really."
"You're lying." Marinette said with a serious face.
"Oh my god. Tikki, halp meh. This girl is killing me cuz she doesn't see how pretty she is. I mean seriously, if I wasn't me, I would of been jealous if you."
"Really?" The bride-to-be asked again. Alya looked at Tikki with pleading eyes.
"Mari, you look amazing, everyone will have sore jaws after they look at you. Thats how much their jaws will drop to the ground. The biggest one will be Adrien's though." Those words put a smile on Marinette's face and she thanked Tikki.

Alya gave her a hug before Marinette looked at the mirror one more time taking a deep breath. This was it. She was going to get married. Many girls would want to be in her position right now.

She turned around to find that her dad had come in the room and he was on the verge of crying. Marinette giggled at her father and than wrapped an arm around his. Well, as around as it could go.

"I have always dreamed of the day I would give my little girl to a person she truly loves and now it is finally happening. Thank you for making me the happiest father alive."

"Aw papa, you are gonna make me cry if you carry on. We all know that we would't want a crying bride."

"Sorry cupcake, come on, There is someone waiting for you at the end of the aisle and I don't think he can wait any longer to see you." Marinette laughed at the thought of Adrien sitting on the floor looking depressed because he had to wait so long.

They walked along the corridor until the stopped at a large double door. Tom lightly knocked on the doors and it suddenly opened to reveal guests standing as a sign of respect. Marinette acknowledged them for a few seconds as she looked around but she forgot about them as soon as she looked at her loved one on the other side. Slowly, her and her father walked towards the groom who was, as Marinette suspected, on the verge of tears with his jaw open so wide it would be able to catch an orange.

When Mari got to her fiancee and giggled.
"Hey, close your mouth or you are going to catch ladybugs."
He immediately snapped out of his trance when he heard that pun. He smirked at her and then opened his mouth to say something but the priest got there before him.

"We are gathered here to celebrate a once in a generation, momentous occasion. The Royal wedding of Marinette Sabine Dupain Cheng, Princess and future ruler of China to Adrien Agreste, Prince of China who will rule alongside the princess, in friendship, love and harmony. They will now say their vows."

Time skip

"Do you, Marinette Sabine Dupain Cheng, take Adrien Agreste as your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do. She said with a small smile which Adrien gladly returned.
"Then do you, Adrien Agreste, take Marinette Sabine Dupain Cheng as your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
They were both about to lean in but the priest stopped them.
"If anyone objects with this occasion, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I OBJE-mmphhh" Chloe shrieked but Lila clamped her hand over Chloe's mouth just in time.
Some people wondered why Marinette and Adrien invited the brat. They were grateful that Lila had covered the bitc-I mean witch's mouth and probably spoilt the overdone makeup as well.

The almost wedded duo rolled their eyes before turning to the priest with big smiles on their face.

"You may kiss the bride."
The two looked at each other and without hesitating, leaned in and kissed each other. It was a passionate yet small kiss since they could do more if that later.